Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 beta,the best game ever

Million said:
twesterm said:
Million said:
twesterm said:
Million said:
twesterm said:
Million said:
PS3 may not have the bulkiest or most popular libary but I love the fact that it excels in quality in many genres.

Racing : GT5
3rd person action : Uncharted , MGS4
FPS :Resistance 2 soon Killzone 2
Platform : LBP
RPG's :WKC , Valkriya

I haven't got the chance to play Killzone 2 yet and probably won't unless some beta keys are given away next week.

I love it when people list unreleased games nobody has played, games they haven't played, and/or games they've only heard of through betas as some of the best games ever.

Only 3 games on the list i haven't played , keep on luvin it dude.

So you're saying I can make a list of games and only as long as the majority of the games I've played I can say whatever I like about the others?

So if I've played 7/8 of the games on the list can I make up something huge about the last one?

It's all subjective dude you can do what ever you like.

at the end of the real measure of a games quality is the person playing it , and if I say X is a quality game then you can't tell me otherwise regardless of wether i've played it or not.

Except when you start stating your opinion as fact...

It wasn't intentional and I wasn't trying to state my opinion as fact , this isn't the first time you've anti'd me did I say something wrong to you ?

Nope, just mentioning it's silly to call games that aren't even out yet as best in something other than unreleased games (and even that's a silly thing).  Nothing personal.

Around the Network

@Twestern To excel doesn't mean to be the best  , I was just trying to demonstrate how the PS3 has been/will be able to hold it's on in the genres listed.

edit : well excel doesn't neccaserily mean to be the best.

Million said:
@Twestern To excel doesn't mean to be the best , I was just trying to demonstrate how the PS3 has been/will be able to hold it's on in the genres listed.

Even to say those games excel at whatever genre is silly because nobody has played the finished version yet.  There have been many games (on every system) that have look awesome but turned out to range from steaming pile of crap to nothing special.

This is the reason why ps3 usually = dissapointment these days.

Too much hype from fanboys for every game that is coming out...

For those that keep count, Killzone 2 is the best game ever for the ps3 #32.

When making these threads, saying... "its a really good game, try it out" is much more effective when it comes to people taking your opinion seriously...and not "BESTEST GAME EVA!"...

How the fuck can people be proclaiming this as be the best game ever when we don't even know anything about the storyline and the quality of the narrative yet??!!

Around the Network
DTG said:
How the fuck can people be proclaiming this as be the best game ever when we don't even know anything about the storyline and the quality of the narrative yet??!!

Killzoine 2 = FPS

Aspects that are important in FPS games from most to least:

1. Good Multiplayer

2. Blanced gameplay

3. computer AI

4. co-op

5. community

6. campaign story(narrative)

Conclusion - Narrative doesnt matter.

Narrative is one of the if not THE most important aspect of any media format or genre. Movies without any even borderline decent narrative never make it to the big screen and neither should a game with bad narrative. Also, this thread wasn't about best fps ever but best game ever period, which simply cannot be true as any game with good graphics, good gameplay plus great narrative would be better than any other game missing one of those aspects completely.

DTG said:
Narrative is one of the if not THE most important aspect of any media format or genre. Movies without any even borderline decent narrative never make it to the big screen and neither should a game with bad narrative. Also, this thread wasn't about best fps ever but best game ever period, which simply cannot be true as any game with good graphics, good gameplay plus great narrative would be better than any other game missing one of those aspects completely.

I disagree...

Tetris and Supar Mario Bros are still listed as the best games aver made and they had nothing to do with narrative. Actually most o the top 10 games of all times had horrible narrative (if any).

disolitude said:
DTG said:

I disagree...

Tetris and Supar Mario Bros are still listed as the best games aver made and they had nothing to do with narrative. Actually most o the top 10 games of all times had horrible narrative (if any).

Man I'm glad I decided to keep reading after DTG's comment because I was going to bring up those two exact games.

disolitude said:
DTG said:

I disagree...

Most of those lists are based purely on nostalgia. The problem with that assertment is that if say SMB released as the exact same game but on top had a compelling and deep narrative to pair along with it wouldd invariably be a better game than it is thought of as today. Having great narrative only adds to the quality of the quality is already there to begin with.