By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What type of internet connection do you have?

akuma587 said:
zexen_lowe said:
akuma587 said:
zexen_lowe said:
akuma587 said:
Cable. I'd rather have DSL for the better upload as I am on a private tracker where upload matters.

Well, I am too, but with my sucky 128kbps of upload I have 1.74 of ratio with no cheating. It just takes dedication...and leaving your client always open

I've got a 4.88 ratio (on one of the most competitive sites to upload at that), but I just like having better uploads.  Its not like you can even make use of the extra download speed cable has that often anyways, unless you ARE downloading from a private tracker.

Well, to be frank, I don't think you need much UL speed more, you're already a SPU in whichever tracker you are, unless you want to break everything, you're fine with that. Still I don't know why did I aim for PU and now I'm aiming for SPU if it's nothing different to what I already had

On my site you have to upload a certain amount to reach certain levels AND have to have a certain ratio.  I have uploaded 20 gigs, but you have to upload 25 gigs to reach power user.  And I have 83 torrents running right now for the tracker, its just that uploading is very competive between all the seeders, and those with higher bandwith have the advantage.

Oh, yeah, in mine too, but I thought you'd have already passed the minimum level, my bad. I have 265 GB uploaded, by the way, in little more than a year. It's not your particular tracker, in every tracker it's the same, Mine always has 30 seeds per leecher, you just have to leave the torrent running continuously, I've reached a ratio of 5.5 in one because I've left it running since January, I think, and there's always people downloading it

Around the Network

Cable Modem. It's fast but I hate the download cap! >_