By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game will be Shooter of the year?

Comrade Tovya said:
monkeyman40210 said:
Comrade Tovya said:
I don't care for any of them really, but Gear of War will probablly take the cake...

well i put you can suggest diffrent answers

I know brother, that's why I said Gear of War would take the cake... even though I don't really care for it, it will still probablly win the shooter of the year bragging rights... just because I don't care for it doesn't mean the it's not a good game.. I'm just one man

Sorry i misread it i thought it said "I don't care for any of them really, I will vote for Gears of War", i should have read it better

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network
monkeyman40210 said:
Comrade Tovya said:
monkeyman40210 said:
Comrade Tovya said:
I don't care for any of them really, but Gear of War will probablly take the cake...

well i put you can suggest diffrent answers

I know brother, that's why I said Gear of War would take the cake... even though I don't really care for it, it will still probablly win the shooter of the year bragging rights... just because I don't care for it doesn't mean the it's not a good game.. I'm just one man

Sorry i misread it i thought it said "I don't care for any of them really, I will vote for Gears of War", i should have read it better

LOL, no problem.  For the record, I voted for Gear of War, because I was being honest as to which game will probably be considered shooter of the year.  I'm not much of a fanboy... I have no problem recognizing the greatness in any game or console for what it is.  Everyone has a different opinion, and I'm cool with that.  I like the concept and storyline of the Gears of War series, I'm just not much of a third person shooter fan.  The SOCOM series is a good example of that... great game and fanbase, I just can't get into a third person role in a shooter.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

@Comrade Tovya

yeah i like 3rd person and 1st, i prefer 1st though. My favorite 3 person game is resident Evil 4. So that is why i like 3rd person RE4 did it for me.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Gotta be Gears.

For me L4D.

monkeyman40210 said:
@Comrade Tovya

yeah i like 3rd person and 1st, i prefer 1st though. My favorite 3 person game is resident Evil 4. So that is why i like 3rd person RE4 did it for me.

I actually skipped that series.  The game that really made me a first person fan was the original Team Fortress on the PC... when I was in high school, we used to hijack our school's ISDN (oh yeah, ISDN was freakin' smokin back then) and play it during the day.  My CAD teacher, Mr Smith was affraid of me (as most people were in high school) and wouldn't stop me (of course, I had my own personal police officer who followed me around all day long because I was so bad, so I don't blame him for not getting in my way)... I was a dumb kid who had way too much fun in school I suppose... So I blame the teachers at my school for hiding in the closet every time I walked in the room for my first person gaming addiction!  LOL

Long story short, I've been brainwashed into the first person thing early on, so I never was able to get into the third person thing. I tried the new SOCOM on the PS3, and I literally nearly pulled my hairout in the first  5 minutes of the game.  I played for about an hour before I realized that I just couldn't make the transition.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

FPS: Resistance 2
Overall: between Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2, probably GeoW2 will win...

Now, if i count Fallout 3, i pick this one, but since it is a WRPG, it's out the poll...

I voted for Gears 2 because it is freaking awesome. But I really wanted to vote for L4D first......I will be picking it up on Tuesday so once I have played through it completely (only demo so far) I may vote again, we shall see........

Gears will win.

COD WAW is pretty awesome though.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Couldn't decide between L4D and Gears 2, but I went with L4D to be different. :P

I didnt like the left 4 dead demo so I chose gears of war 2...