By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe a 7.5

Much better than I thought.  That's all I'm going to say.

7.5 Presentation
Batman and Scorpion do battle as you navigate the menu, and the story is explained well through cutscenes. I could do without between-mode load screens. The online lobby is a bit bare.
7.5 Graphics
I dig the tearing costumes and bruising, but there are goofy clipping issues with capes and whips. The actual characters look cool, but the backgrounds can be crappy -- just look at the Batmobile.
7.5 Sound
The music is just generic, but the sound effects for Batarangs and fireballs sound good. The cries of characters doing Supermoves can get repetitive and some of the voices are a bit too cheesy.
7.5 Gameplay
It's Mortal Kombat for better or worse. Moves sometimes feel sluggish, but the cool ones make up for it. Free Fall Kombat and Klose Kombat deal damage but don't always look great doing it.
7.0 Lasting Appeal
Sadists will find the Kombat Challenge enough to keep this disc spinning and there's bound to be an online community, but others will feel like they've seen it all pretty quickly.
Good
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/853/853444.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/853/853443.html

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

MK has been stagnanting for quite a while now. I think Midway should either make significant updates to the formula or put away the franchise for good.

I love MK and DC.. I grew up with MK and DC.. but this is just depressing.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Riachu said:
MK has been stagnanting for quite a while now. I think Midway should either make significant updates to the formula or put away the franchise for good.

The problem is Midway doesn't have anything else. They were among the kings of arcade gaming, and they failed to adapt when the arcades died out. Former glory series like Mortal Kombat, Rush Racing, Blitz Football and others slowly became nonfactors to the majority of gamers.

On-topic-That review surprised me as well. I was expecting something in the 6 range. It's still not very appealing though. I can hold out three more months for Street Fighter IV and feel I'm getting my money's worth. Plus, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will be a better hold over than MK vs. DC ever could be, and it'll be no more than 1/4th of the price.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

MK is a dying franchise, its to repetitive.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network
taomaster06 said:
MK is a dying franchise, its to repetitive.

MK can be compared to Dynasty Warriors in that they are both franchises that should be put away for good but developers absolutely refuse to as long as they make money for them.

Nothing wrong with making games arcade like (simple controls and pick up gameplay)

Its just Midway never fixed the series OTHER issues with Mortal Kombat. Lack of creativity, flooding the series with no so interesting characters, Lack of story keeping the characters cannon, copy pasting animation, BAD to Jerky animation, game filled with bugs or really bad AI.

Midway always had a vocal crowd also to tell them to fix these and then they made this. Its quite clear they DON'T CARE about the series anymore and tried to scapegoat DC in it because they know MK ain't hot anymore.

*shrugs*

I am a bit interested though. Maybe I could convince my friend that has an xbox360 to rent it someday

Ed Boon- LOL WHO NEEDS TESTERS OR BALANCE?  WHERES MY MONEY SUCKAS?

Whats wrong with you people? MK can still be fun. Sure MK2 was the peak for this franchise and this happened in 1994 but games like shaolin monks and mk deception are still quite enjoyable.

This game will average 80% or more on metactic...and you people are saying its stagnant and not worth playing...you should be ashamed of yourselves