By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The New Xbox Experience. \

Fumanchu said:
ahhh ok...so if you were to install lost odyssey you still need to swap the discs then?

Yup, the feature isn't there for convience of not swapping discs its to make the games run better/faster and to make the 360 MUCH much more quiter when running a game. I tested out Fable 2 tonight after the install and the difference is amazing.

Around the Network

MS is doing a lot of things to make me a happy customer. i hope they keep it up.

I just streamed 2 episodes of 30 Rock in HD via Netflix. 4 out of 4 bars for quality(Netflix will send less quality based on your connection speed), and it worked flawlessly. Looks great. Not blu-ray quality, but it is a very nice feature to have.

JaggedSac said:
I just streamed 2 episodes of 30 Rock in HD via Netflix. 4 out of 4 bars for quality(Netflix will send less quality based on your connection speed), and it worked flawlessly. Looks great. Not blu-ray quality, but it is a very nice feature to have.

how much is it to sign up with netflix?

Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:

I believe for unlimited instant watching it would be $8.99 per month.  And that would also include getting 1 movie at a time in the mail(DVD or Blu-Ray).

Around the Network

the new experience im not so hyped up and don't see the big deal about it. yes netflix is hott but i don't rent or buy movies so it doesn't matter to me. finally my 360 will make less noise, it was getting pretty annoying and raising the volume irritated my ears, espically in shooters so thats one positive

the avatars are shit, idk why ppl are talking abou them. they look exaclty like the wii's mii's, and do exaclty the same thing, nothing.

JaggedSac said:
Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:

I believe for unlimited instant watching it would be $8.99 per month.  And that would also include getting 1 movie at a time in the mail(DVD or Blu-Ray).

so for $8.99 I can watch different movies every single day?

Good-bye block-busters!

Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:
Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:

Good-bye block-busters!

You might want to verify that $8.99 is the subscription that allows for unlimited streaming, but yes.  You could watch more than one movie in one day.  The disc takes me a about 2 days turn around time.  Put it in mail on Monday, get one in mail on Wed.  Depends on where you are located though.  I am very close to a distribution center. 

The streaming selection is fairly limited depending on your taste.  I just watched Ghost in the Shell today and put all the Toxic Avenger movies on my queue.  Their disc selection is incredible though.

ill be up midnight on wednesday ready for it, should be intresting, im looking forward to installing my fave games to my 120gb hdd!

JaggedSac said:
Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:
Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:

Good-bye block-busters!

You might want to verify that $8.99 is the subscription that allows for unlimited streaming, but yes.  You could watch more than one movie in one day.  The disc takes me a about 2 days turn around time.  Put it in mail on Monday, get one in mail on Wed.  Depends on where you are located though.  I am very close to a distribution center. 

The streaming selection is fairly limited depending on your taste.  I just watched Ghost in the Shell today and put all the Toxic Avenger movies on my queue.  Their disc selection is incredible though.

I have the 8.99 deal and I have unlimited streaming.  I also agree the movie selection is a little disappointing, but you can always find something.