By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The New Xbox Experience. \

How did you guys Down Load it?

I thought it doesn't come out till the 19th???

PSN: Wildcard975
Live Tag: Wildcard360

PS360 - Best of Both Worlds

Around the Network

I don't like the new XBOX "experience"... I want them to leave it alone (but I DO like the Netflix addition)... XBOX LIVE is already BY FAR the #1 online console service, so why fix what isn't broken? Just the opinion of a person who already loves XBOX LIVE enough as it is...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

The interface is about a bijillion times better than the old one. This is great for 360 owners. I personally haven't tried any chatting yet. Also, I have yet to be online when anyone else on my friends list with the NXE was online. Netflix works great, I haven't gotten below four bars on quality for the streaming yet, so hopefully that will continue on with the HD streams. Also, is that functionality going to be starting on the 19th because I have yet to see anything in th interface about it.

^ I can't access Netflix because I'm canadian. :(

They seriously have to include other services for other countries.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

JaggedSac said:
The interface is about a bijillion times better than the old one. This is great for 360 owners. I personally haven't tried any chatting yet. Also, I have yet to be online when anyone else on my friends list with the NXE was online. Netflix works great, I haven't gotten below four bars on quality for the streaming yet, so hopefully that will continue on with the HD streams. Also, is that functionality going to be starting on the 19th because I have yet to see anything in th interface about it.

There's not a lot of HD movies/TV shows. I don't have netflix, but I think new shows like The Office or Heroes should be in HD.

Around the Network

Netflix currently does not stream HD video. Supposedly it will debut exclusively on the 360 via the NXE and I was wondering if that functionality is currently available or is going to start on the 19th.

JaggedSac said:
Netflix currently does not stream HD video. Supposedly it will debut exclusively on the 360 via the NXE and I was wondering if that functionality is currently available or is going to start on the 19th.

The article stated that the quality was not HD.  Hopefully it'll start on the 19th.

Coca-Cola said:
JaggedSac said:

The article stated that the quality was not HD.  Hopefully it'll start on the 19th.

What article?  I know the video I am streaming now is not in HD.

EDIT: Ah, duh, the one in the OP.  Give me a sec and I will post some info you might not know about.

http://gizmodo.com/5070290/netflix-hd-streaming-debuts-on-xbox-360

Netflix HD Streaming Debuts on Xbox 360

The New Xbox Experience—which we just gave a stellar review—will not only stream Netflix movies. It will be streaming Netflix movies in HD. Whaaa? Nobody else does that!

Well, maybe they don't. But Engadget confirmed that when NXE hits on November 19th, 300 HD movies will be available to stream from Netflix (as opposed to just the movie 300). That's obviously not every movie in the Netflix digital collection, but it's a start.

Seeing as I found SD streaming flawless on the 360, I'm really curious to see if Netflix and Microsoft can deliver the same short buffer times and easy fast forwarding in high def. [engadget]

By the looks of it, it will start on the 19th.

Silentburritoassasin said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
Silentburritoassasin said:
Who cares? they are still a rip off

Please bring something intelligent to this thread.....or dont waste your time, or ours.  Many of the upgrades the new experience brings are free, and a welcome site, so I am not sure what you are referring to in the later of your post?

Like i said, Who cares? They are still a rip off

Well, the people that own an x360 do care...

And it's a *free!* update.

OT:

Netflix will be fun.

Avatars will be cool. Mii's lacked personality. If I wanted to make myself look that way, I would draw better And I suck at drawing

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive