By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Interesting, $499 160gb ps3 released yesterday sold out instantly gamestop

PS3 numbers are great considering the xbox360 is 200 cheaper than the cheapest PS3. It was outselling 360 prior to price cut, and now they are selling almost as well as the 360 since its price cut. I wouldn't be worried at all about sales of the PS3, since they are healthy. Just as long as sony stays profitable in their gaming division all is good.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

I hope this does increase sales.

And I'm glad Uncharted is bundled, as more people will see this awesomeness, but it sold 2 million unbundled already, so already lots of people have seen how good it is.

Sales for the sequel will be good!

FilaBrasileiro said:

Now next year HDD manufactures will go to you and say Mr. Yoshida, you can keep buying 80GB HDDs but those prices will stay at 50 bucks a pop, the 160 GB HDD will be 40 bucks a pop because all laptops nowadays are coming in 160GBs and we are moving towards the 250GB HDDs and 320GBs HDDs for our laptops, those will cost you 53 and 55 dollars per unit. What would you do?

Lol... If I were Mr. Yoshida, I'd kick this hd manufacturer in the groin and tell him that currently I can buy (assuming standard conditions) 80G hds for $23 and 160G hds for $26 from other manufacturers..

leo-j said:

The bundle was released yesterday, and it seems they no longer have stock on there site. They are now taking pre orders for the next shipment, its very strange.

Shouldnt have much influence in sales though, unless this trend continues, very interesting though

The real question is how many did they have?  If it was 5 ot a big deal

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

drkohler said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Now next year HDD manufactures will go to you and say Mr. Yoshida, you can keep buying 80GB HDDs but those prices will stay at 50 bucks a pop, the 160 GB HDD will be 40 bucks a pop because all laptops nowadays are coming in 160GBs and we are moving towards the 250GB HDDs and 320GBs HDDs for our laptops, those will cost you 53 and 55 dollars per unit. What would you do?

Lol... If I were Mr. Yoshida, I'd kick this hd manufacturer in the groin and tell him that currently I can buy (assuming standard conditions) 80G hds for $23 and 160G hds for $26 from other manufacturers..

I'm sure they get their prices cheaper, I got the prices from newegg, where are you getting your prices from? Remember it's a 2.5 in (laptop) HDD, not a 3.5 in (desktop) HDD.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
drkohler said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

I'm sure they get their prices cheaper, I got the prices from newegg, where are you getting your prices from? Remember it's a 2.5 in (laptop) HDD, not a 3.5 in (desktop) HDD.

I certainly don't get them at these prices. If you are an OEM, you'll get it under standard industry conditions (which roughly means > 1mio units 1 year date of delivery). All I can buy is a 160G 2.5 drive for roughly $50 at a small computer shop here (whose owner buys them from a local distributor who buys them from the continental distributor who buys them from the manufacturer - and all these people make a few bucks on the trade, the manufacturer having the shortest stick in the food chain).