By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 marketing has been total crap.

It does not matter how you answer it. The question is catch-22. If you agree, then I am right, and if you disagree, well you can't, because it is fact.

experiencing and seeing are two different things.

final

the end

kaput

case closed

shows over

fat lady

EDIT: and yep my years of studying are worth it. because i am right and you are wrong.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I am saying that
experiencing something is different from seeing it
DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT AGREE?

that is what this all boils down to.

By seeing it you are experiencing it, to experience it you must see it.

You still don't understand, if I could bring you a TV and have you watch a channel that is particularly prone to PS3 commercials then I would. I can't so I gave you an example of a good commercial. What don't you get about that? By watching it are you still "experiencing" the content of the commercial? Yes you are, why cannot I not show you something you haven't seen before and it have the same effect as if you were to see it on TV? So you're going to be slightly prepared that it's Playstation related, BIG FUCKING DEAL! If that was the first time you had seen the commercial you are going to get the same effect whether it was on TV or the computer.

Seeing and experiencing are one in the same. I don't know how clearer I can make it, all I can say is you seem to be over analyzing it. End of discussion.

Yea, I think most people can agree on this. The amount of arrogance oozing from Sony, was before unseen by the world. But I think karma made sure they got what was coming to them :)

Username2324 said:
theprof00 said:

I am saying that

You still don't understand, if I could bring you a TV and have you watch a channel that is particularly prone to PS3 commercials then I would. I can't so I gave you an example of a good commercial. What don't you get about that? By watching it are you still "experiencing" the content of the commercial? Yes you are, why cannot I not show you something you haven't seen before and it have the same effect as if you were to see it on TV? So you're going to be slightly prepared that it's Playstation related, BIG FUCKING DEAL! If that was the first time you had seen the commercial you going to get the same effect whether it was on TV or the computer.

Seeing and experiencing are one in the same. I don't know how clearer I can make it, all I can say is you seem to be over analyzing it. End of discussion.

wrong. But good try that was your only possible answer that would make you right.

apparantly you can have sex by seeing it! Why didn't I think of that all those years ago?

You can write fucketi-fuck here. No need to censor.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Username2324 said:
theprof00 said:

I am saying that

You still don't understand, if I could bring you a TV and have you watch a channel that is particularly prone to PS3 commercials then I would. I can't so I gave you an example of a good commercial. What don't you get about that? By watching it are you still "experiencing" the content of the commercial? Yes you are, why cannot I not show you something you haven't seen before and it have the same effect as if you were to see it on TV? So you're going to be slightly prepared that it's Playstation related, BIG FUCKING DEAL! If that was the first time you had seen the commercial you going to get the same effect whether it was on TV or the computer.

wrong. But good try that was your only possible answer that would make you right.

You are so full of yourself. How am I wrong, to watch a commercial on TV, you must be able to see it and to hear it, that is what makes you able to experience it.

And I like how all you have to say is "You're wrong, yep you're wrong, simply put, you're wrong, I can't explain why, you're just wrong and I am right"

experiencing marketing and seeing a commercial are two different things

however, you can experience marketing by watching a commercial, but only if the environment and context of marketing permits it.

As in: A plane can have a banner attached to it, but if you see the plane parked on the ground with the banner laying on the grass in a heap.

As in: The movie dick tracy focused on the color red. If you are red colorblind you are inclined not to rate the movie as high as someone else that could see red.

As in: If you listen to a radio commercial, but the station is grainy

Username2324 said:
theprof00 said:
Username2324 said:
theprof00 said:

I am saying that

You are so full of yourself. How am I wrong, to watch a commercial on TV, you must be able to see it and to hear it, that is what makes you able to experience it.

And I like how all you have to say is "You're wrong, yep you're wrong, simply put, you're wrong, I can't explain why, you're just wrong and I am right"

I just said.

Can you experience sex by seeing it? answer the question.

No, you need to HEAR it as well.

READ THIS
because I've written it about a dozen times now, and you are purposely mis-writing it.
You can experience a commercial by watching it, but you cannot always experience marketing by watching it.

you can comment on whether or not you like the commercial, that is your opinion. But you really aren't in any position to comment on its effectiveness.

You say Big fucking deal, but yes it is a big fucking deal. Small things, tiny things, tiny little insignificant things can topple mountains when it comes to psychology. FUCKING 15 minutes of sunlight a day (and in some cases, just a flashlight in the same room) improves your well being. fast food places use color marketing because it influences your mood, art can be improved by moving something a millimeter, and unfortunately for all of us race makes a difference even to the most devout "accepters". Science is there for a goddamn reason. Accept it.