By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The reason why you pay for Xbox Live - An attempted Explanation

Its funny. Most of/all the people saying Xbox LIVE isn't worth it are the ones who don't even own a 360. So, duh, of course they can't see the point in paying for it. They couldn't use it even if they wanted to.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

who can say how much sony paid rockstar for timed exclusivity?

from what I remember Sony PS is the reason rockstar is such a gargantuan company in the first place.

theprof00 said:
who can say how much sony paid rockstar for timed exclusivity?

from what I remember Sony PS is the reason rockstar is such a gargantuan company in the first place.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Sony made them who they are.....LOLOLOLOLOL,Did you forget Sony just made the console RawkStar made the GAME,that SOLD the PLAYSTATION???????????(1 & 2)

Why would Rawkstar keep GTA On the Weakest game system Last gen,when a real power horse Xbox,had a built in HDD and ONLINE,cause of billions Sony paid them.

gta first release date 1997
xbox release date 2001

yes rockstar made the game. It was sales of this game that made rockstar into one of the biggest gaming companies on the planet. I'm sorry you are so upset by this, but what would it have come out on instead?

Sony likes to deal in partnerships, it is their way. Sure rockstar could have made even more money, but because of PS and their fanbase they were able to make a gta 2. Otherwise there was no venue, simple as that. Yes the game was a big draw, but what would you play it on n64?

GTA 1 and 2 were flops selling barely a few million, how did they make a 105 million selling system exactly? Without sony R* would be nowhere right now.

Around the Network

Well its definatly not worth it for me. I have an Xbox and have downloaded about $60 worth of arcade games, but I am not shelling out $60 more to get the "privilege" of playing online games once or twice a month, which is all that I would play. Nintendo and Sony's online may not be as good, but for online I would prefer that it be worse but free.

it doesn't matter dtg. Some people here think money is the only motivating factor in everything.

theprof00 said:

xbox release date 2001

yes rockstar made the game. It was sales of this game that made rockstar into one of the biggest gaming companies on the planet. I'm sorry you are so upset by this, but what would it have come out on instead?

Sony likes to deal in partnerships, it is their way. Sure rockstar could have made even more money, but because of PS and their fanbase they were able to make a gta 2. Otherwise there was no venue, simple as that. Yes the game was a big draw, but what would you play it on n64?

What does GTA1 have to do with this,GTA 3,Vice City and SA are on PS2 exclusive cause of money Sony paid them.

PS1 wasnt great cause of GTA 1 & 2,infact i cant remember anything about PS1 that was good besides a few good games.

Garnett said:
theprof00 said:

xbox release date 2001

What does GTA1 have to do with this,GTA 3,Vice City and SA are on PS2 exclusive cause of money Sony paid them.

PS1 wasnt great cause of GTA 1 & 2,infact i cant remember anything about PS1 that was good besides a few good games.

and this is where i stop arguing.

theprof00 said:
Garnett said:
theprof00 said:

xbox release date 2001

and this is where i stop arguing.

See you argue,i debate,and i dont speak for everyone,i dont remember alot of great things about the Xbox or GC either,but the fact is Rawkstar was paid to keep GTA on PS2,if you disagree then why didnt they co launch it on Xbox,and why did they take so long for it to be ported over.