By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The NXE is going to help the Xbox 360 sell more this Christmas.

Home has a better chance of that. And that will fail. Soooo....

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

I'm sure it could push a few people that are already on the fence into a purchase, but I doubt it will influence console sales to the point where it's noticeable.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know whether you can create more than one avatar? I would love it if they went further with the Mii theme and let us collect little avatar armies with avatar parades.

That would be so awesome,I think you only get 1 avatar per account

If Microsoft advertises this game well and try to get people to get broadband internet. Then NXE can get new people into the mix and get them to own a Xbox 360.

I just don't see interface selling a console though. A controller or games can do it, but not a interface.

If they advertise that you can stream Netflix in HD only on the 360, then it will move more consoles.

matt247 said:
If they advertise that you can stream Netflix in HD only on the 360, then it will move more consoles.

Probably this...But I'm not sure how many more it'll move. My concern is if the rumor is true that some older XB360's will brick from the update. Could have people buying for another reason...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

I argued against HOME selling more Playstation 3s, and I will argue that NXE in and of itself will, either.

However, I do think that some of the specific things inside of NXE - mainly Netflix, could potentially move consoles. If I was in marketing, PR or any kind of decision making inside Microsoft, I would market the living daylights out of it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I dont think it will impact that much on sales. However if they advertise Netflix and HD netflix in America really well, they could gather maybe 10k or 20k worth of more sales through it. Whatever happens Netflix must be loving the new subscriptions and attention.

They effectively went from not really heard of to WW heard of. Pretty good deal for Netflix.

Onyxmeth said:

I'm sure it could push a few people that are already on the fence into a purchase, but I doubt it will influence console sales to the point where it's noticeable.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know whether you can create more than one avatar? I would love it if they went further with the Mii theme and let us collect little avatar armies with avatar parades.

shoot an email over to Major Nelson or hit his site up and make that sudjestion.  I think that it's not the UI itself, but when someone starts streaming Netflix for thier friends it may push some... my real hope is that some of our Wii new comers graduate to an HD console... PS3 or 360 it doesn't matter much.  This could sway some people though... it's certainlly wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend swaying material.

Personally, I'd figure the still newish lower prices for the console and the new hit software will be what will sell Xbox 360's.

It will be a success and help spread word of mouth but it won't make a noticeable difference to sales.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions