By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The NXE is going to help the Xbox 360 sell more this Christmas.

Ignoring whether or not it widens the appeal of the 360 its going to move consoles for one simple reason. When 11,000,000 consoles log onto live, the majority don't know this is coming so when it updates you're going to have a lot of people confronted by something completely new and unexpected from their Xbox 360.

So pretty much a whole bunch of people are going to end up with the NXE completely out of the blue and a whole bunch of them are going to end up talking about the Xbox 360 and a few of the people talked to will end up being influenced to buy one.

Well at least thats my theory, so is it sound?

Tease.

Around the Network

Hate to disagree,but i dont think anyone will buy a 360 because of a new interface,As good as that sounds just aint gonna happen,IMO.

Garnett said:
Hate to disagree,but i dont think anyone will buy a 360 because of a new interface,As good as that sounds just aint gonna happen,IMO.

No not because of the merits of the interface, but because they are confronted with something different and it'll get a lot of people talking about their Xbox 360.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Garnett said:

No not because of the merits of the interface, but because they are confronted with something different and it'll get a lot of people talking about their Xbox 360.

Oh,i see that is different,i didnt expect that,well that could get people talking about there console updated and everything is different,hmm

I really don't know. but I hope its successful!

Around the Network

360 is gonna sell x-mas because its $200 not because of a new UI.

Interesting theory...who knows, its never happened before so we'll see.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

The PS3 fanboys claimed this just before the release of ingame XMB

we all laughed at them, and now I'm sure they're going to come laugh at you now

I see what you mean and I think it could have an effect. However, it could influence those people in the long run more than right now.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I'm sure it could push a few people that are already on the fence into a purchase, but I doubt it will influence console sales to the point where it's noticeable.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know whether you can create more than one avatar? I would love it if they went further with the Mii theme and let us collect little avatar armies with avatar parades.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.