By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wireless Headphones for PS3 and 360

Looking quickly at a review, they have Coxial, Optical and standard 3.5mm stereo jack inputs on the base. Depending on your reciever, you might be able to pass through digital if you prefer, but otherwise a standard 6.5mm to 3.5mm cable running from the headphones jack would do the trick.

Around the Network

Remind me again, what's Coxial? Is that the wire I have to strip and do all that fun stuff to?

Oh man I can't get used to your new avatar.

konnichiwa said:
Oh man I can't get used to your new avatar.

Woke up this morning to a buncha wall posts, guess nobody likes the buddy Christ.  Fixed.  ;_;

kowenicki said:
Sennheiser RS130 look pretty good to me (about £60 in the UK).. I need some of these too.. I used to have a pair of old sennheiser that I lost in a house move. Gears 2 on full subwoofer has tipped my better half over the edge... these are a must now.

How do those connect to my receiver?

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Remind me again, what's Coxial? Is that the wire I have to strip and do all that fun stuff to?

Coxial is just digital over wire (RCA to RCA) instead of fibre (Optical). Its the same plug you use for all the analog inputs on the back of your receiver.

Edit: I'd personally just ignore the digital inputs. Your receiver will do a much better job of downmixing the surround sound and have many more DSP modes than a pair of 'surround sound' headphones is going to.

The X3/X4's have a mic so if you want to use them for MP gaming I would go with those. If you're not concerned about the microphone then you can get better quality sound for around the same price. I'm not a big headphone nut but I know Sennhaiser makes good headphones so maybe look for some of those in your price range?

With the X3/X4's they work with the 360 perfectly (mic and sound). With the PS3 there are ways to get it to work with a receiver but the mic will not work at all.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jasonnc80 said:
The X3/X4's have a mic so if you want to use them for MP gaming I would go with those. If you're not concerned about the microphone then you can get better quality sound for around the same price. I'm not a big headphone nut but I know Sennhaiser makes good headphones so maybe look for some of those in your price range?

With the X3/X4's they work with the 360 perfectly (mic and sound). With the PS3 there are ways to get it to work with a receiver but the mic will not work at all.

I don't play multiplayer that often so I'm really not worried about the mic. 

So the X3/X4 will work with my receiver then?  Does it just plug into the headphone jack on the front my receiver and I can still be wireless correct?  If so then that is perfect.  I would like the mic for my 360 because every multiplayer game I do play I play on the PC (where I have a mic) and the 360.  I was looking at them at Best Buy last night just to try and see them in person but the box made it look like they had to specifically plug into the back of the 360 and didn't say what kind of connection it used.

By they way, thank yall for the help.  ^^

his is how the X3's work (it's what I have)....

There is a wireless adapter that outputs to the headset. The adapter gets sound from a Composite splitter (think white/red cables). If you hook the 360 to your receiver via component you will just plug the splitter into the red/white cables of your component cables and then back into the receiver. If you're using HDMI Microsoft sells an adapter that will allow you to output analog sound along with the digital signal that the HDMI uses. I bought one of these adapters for around $10 used at Gamestop. If you have an elite 360 then it should have came with this piece.

If you get the X4's it's pretty much the same thing except it uses the optical output (instead of the X3's Composite) that is located on the component cables or the aforementioned adapter.

If you're still confused watch this video on Turtle Beach website:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx3/videodemo.aspx

The hookup part is near the end (around 4 minute mark).

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Thanks! I'll watch that tonight (slow connection at work).

I know my 360 doesn't have HDMI but don't know about optical. I know my receiver has both of those though.