By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wireless Headphones for PS3 and 360

Does anyone know of any good wireless headphones I can use while playing my PS3 and 360?  It would be a huge bonus if affordable surround sounds ones actually or if Dell has any good ones (have a $70 Dell gift card).

The wife is starting to get a little angry that I like to play my games really loud so trying to find a way to appease her while still having my games nice and loud.

Don't worry about price range, I'd like to stick around $100 but it is possible to go higher.

Around the Network

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/XBOX_360/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfh&cs=22&sku=A1263673

These seem to come up the most often when I googled, and they came up most frequently before I even added Dell into the search, so you're lucky they sell them I guess. I would look into these and check some user reviews over the net. This line comes in an X2 and X4 versions which are much cheaper and more expensive, but the quality is obviously better in the X4 version.

Edit: I couldn't find anything decent for PS3 outside of a very expensive $295 Sony brand one, but it doesn't work on 360 and the Turtle Rock headphones/headset don't work on PS3.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

How do you currently run your sound? If you are running it through a receiver first, then let that handle all the processing and then output it to any set of wireless headphones that you like.

This is the path I was considering, but I haven't been able to justify buying anything since my significant other hasn't complained about the noise.

Would I need anything special to run them through my receiver?

I have a headphone jack on the front of it but I thought all wireless headphones used USB.

And thanks for the info Onyx, I'll look into those.

dude get the bose ear buds, i have them and they are bad ass!! they are 100 dollars. oh wait i don't know if they make wireless though

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

Yeah, wireless is a must. I actually have really nice Bose noise cancelling headphones but they have a wire. :-/

twesterm said:

Would I need anything special to run them through my receiver?

I have a headphone jack on the front of it but I thought all wireless headphones used USB.

And thanks for the info Onyx, I'll look into those.

I was looking at either the Sennheiser RS130 or RS140 or the Panasonic RP-WF6000. Looking on amazon the Sennheiser around around $100, while the Panasonic is possibly outside your price range though as they land around the $200 mark. The main reason I was looking at the Panasonic is because it transmits on 2.4Ghz instead of the 900Mhz range and apparently doesn't suffer interference issues that are common place in wireless headphones.

bluetooth ones are awesome and cheaper but of course you would leave the 360 out

Onyxmeth said:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/XBOX_360/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfh&cs=22&sku=A1263673

These seem to come up the most often when I googled, and they came up most frequently before I even added Dell into the search, so you're lucky they sell them I guess. I would look into these and check some user reviews over the net. This line comes in an X2 and X4 versions which are much cheaper and more expensive, but the quality is obviously better in the X4 version.

Edit: I couldn't find anything decent for PS3 outside of a very expensive $295 Sony brand one, but it doesn't work on 360 and the Turtle Rock headphones/headset don't work on PS3.

Those X4 ones are awesome, if I could get those to work on my PS3 (I don't even care about the mic) I would get those in a heartbeat.

So these ones look like they're good and they're almost half off:
http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-AWD510-5-1-Channel-Headphones/dp/B0015RPIJK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1226645543&sr=8-4

Would these hook up to a receiver? I don't know a whole lot about these kind of things. >_>