By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - need some advice.

xlost7 said:
disolitude said:
youd be covered for 3 years yes. RROD only though...

I had the disk drive crap out a year and half in to my ownership...70 bucks MS said. Luckily i sold it for 150 on ebay and bought a new one which is strong like bull.

Did you have the Ben-Q disk drive or the Hitachi drive?

The Ben-Q drive lasts longer and is more quieter than the Samsung and Hitachi drives combined.

Also I know this is off-topic but did you like Alone in the Dark? I remember you made a thread saying this game was okay, and you fought around the glitches and things.

Alone in the dark was an amazing game, truly outstanding.

Around the Network

Id recommend it, i have just recently bought a newer ones i think jasper maybe dunno, it hasnt had any lockups/freezing/heat build ups. and yeah it has 3yrs warranty on rrod. and the NXE update will let u install ur games to hdd so put ur fav games on hdd so u dont have to worry so much about dvd wear and tear either.

I dont know about the older xbox 360 models but when ive played on it for a good few hours i feel around it and it doesnt seem to get very hot. its probably not a good indicator as to whether its getting hot on the motherboard, but it soothes my mind a bit lol.

Ive got a good collection of games already and some coming out soon too for the xbox and ps3 alike i dont want either breaking

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

megaman2 said:
xlost7 said:
disolitude said:

I had the disk drive crap out a year and half in to my ownership...70 bucks MS said. Luckily i sold it for 150 on ebay and bought a new one which is strong like bull.

The Ben-Q drive lasts longer and is more quieter than the Samsung and Hitachi drives combined.

Also I know this is off-topic but did you like Alone in the Dark? I remember you made a thread saying this game was okay, and you fought around the glitches and things.

Alone in the dark was an amazing game, truly outstanding.

Yeah, should I listen to you? NO, I was asking disolitude.lol

you know megaman i was thinking the same thing ...ive been ps all my life , but damn im not satisfied with my ps3 especialy after seeing how the "so called " big titles flopping like they did and comparing it with the MONSTER sales fable and gears (2) had
maybe its time for me to buy another 360...and swallow my reality tablet , cuz i think sony is done for....at least this gen

*im gonna hafe to change my sig

little off topic - oh and u know the ps3 is quiet, the xbox dvd drive sounds like a hurricane in comparison. but i got used to it. There is also the NXE update on the 19th of this month with the hdd install so that would solve the noise problem.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Around the Network

@Mr_Tee_

Yuppers! I'm looking forward to it. Now the drive doesn't have to sound like a jet taking off, or like a lawnmower.lol
Microsoft actually took the time out and listened to the community and they finally added the feature we all want.

Two biggest knocks against 360 hardware are RROD and DVD drive noise.

1) Newer chipset are supposed to have fixed RROD issue (and reports have gone significantly down) and you are covered by the 3 year warranty for RROD issues (as noted above).

2) NXE allows for installation of games to the hard-drive so you can reduce wear and tear on drive as well as the noise associated with it. So if you plan on getting a Pro (or Elite) that would cure that.

If you enjoy games, you owe yourself one; just as I intend to enjoy all the PS3 has to offer eventually (Wii too, relax killers).

xlost7 said:
disolitude said:

It was samsung. Gen 1 xbox. Drive died in August 2007. It was a fizable problem, but I had to open it up and mess with some plastic piece. Or replace the drive which was 60 bucks at a local store or 75 with microsoft. MS had the price cut at that time so I jsut got another one.

Alone in the Dark was quite playable and enjoyable for me. Sure the car driving had bad controls...but that made it fun and challenging. that is until the very end where they want you to run around central park killing plants... I gave up there.

I stil dont regret purchasing it(and trading it after) as it was an enjoyable experience.

@disolitude
I figured you had a launch unit. You should upgrade soon to a Falcon or Jasper motherboard!

I was thinking about getting Alone in the Dark thats why I asked you.lol Thanks!

Sent from PS3

xlost7 said:
@disolitude
I figured you had a launch unit. You should upgrade soon to a Falcon or Jasper motherboard!

I was thinking about getting Alone in the Dark thats why I asked you.lol Thanks!

Sent from PS3

Oh I sold that one over a year and a half ago and got a pro. That one was falcon. I sold that one cause I wanted a 120 gig hard drive 2 months ago...when the price cut kicked in...and that one is Jasper. So yeah, I've had all mobo revisions of the 360.

Alone in the dark is a rental man...it can be an entertaining game but its over in 7 hours and with no multiplayer there is no replay value.