By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP...Moderated!

Welcome to 2008. From what I heard, it's terrible on Guitar Tunes (from Guitar Hero: World Tour). They remove everything that has any reference to a known song. That really sucks. It's not like you copy Star Wars when you make a Little Big Planet Star Wars level.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

Hang on. Hang on.

Wasn't there all that shit about Sony changing the Terms of Use a few weeks ago, saying that all user-generated content can be used by Sony without permission.

Surely, this means that Sony is taking posession, and therefore, full rights to the content.

Here we go, the email I recieved:

Dear PlayStation®Network user

When you registered for PlayStation®Network, you accepted our Terms of Service and User Agreement and our Privacy Policy. The Terms of Service and User Agreement contains important provisions about your activity in PlayStation®Network and your purchases from PlayStation®Store. The Privacy Policy explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it.

We have recently made some changes to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy to improve them and to reflect updates to the services available on PlayStation®Network.

These changes include:

> Information about your PlayStation®Network Online ID

> More details about the information we collect via PlayStation®Network and who we share that information with.

> Information about how we may monitor your activity in PlayStation®Network

> Our rights in user created content uploaded via PlayStation®Network

We encourage you to review our updated Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy at http://uk.playstationmail.com/Key=9261.064R.0.C.CQmJmN. If you have access to the PlayStation®Store, you can also view them via the links at the foot of every page of the PlayStation®Store.

The revised Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy will apply to all future use of PlayStation®Network by you and your Sub Accounts.

Thank you,

---

And then, from the actual TaC:

You authorise us, our affiliated companies and other PSN users, to use, distribute, copy, modify, display, and publish your User Material throughout PSN and other associated services. You also authorise us and our affiliated companies, without payment to you, to license, sell and otherwise commercially exploit your User Material (for example, selling subscriptions to access User Material and/or receiving advertising revenue related to User Material), and to use your User Material in the promotion of PlayStation products and services. You must not commercially exploit User Material without our consent. You waive any moral rights you may have in your User Material. By posting, streaming or transmitting User Material you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to use, post, stream and transmit such User Material and to grant the rights set out in this paragraph.

Good maybe people will think up their own stuff instead of just stealing other people's characters/stories/worlds now.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Can you still make an Exclusive Sony level? Like a MGS or GoW level? That is pretty dumb if you cant run a GoW level with your Kratos outfit.

Around the Network

So how is the downloadable content thus far? In the reviews a read it seemed to be a mixed bag. I was wondering what everyone else thought?

I think 90% of the fan made levels are absolute crap. Then there is 9.9% playable and fairly fun, and .1% genuinely cool ingenious things.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

This is understandable but a shame. Although, I can draw pictures of my favourite characters and put them on Deviant Art.

DA are not making any money from that are they? Are the TV companies sueing them? It's the same principle I would have thought. We buy the game so give Sony money sure but Sony don't make any extra money from the levels.

I blame copyright issues and greedy companies trying to get their hands on more money. Is it so hard to believe someone wants to make a homage to something they love?

Hmm, pie.

I can't believe people are actually surprised by this.

Whats funny is Sony deleting PS3 themed levels. Along with the Kratos, Devil may cry, ect themed levels and the like.

And the fact that media molecule demoed Tetris and SOTC levels just a few months ago.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"