By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What series do you predict will switch consoles this generation?

I think that FF will stay on PS3, but it might become less relevant and CC might take the spot light. It looks really good and Wii looks to be much more popular in Japan.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Let's see...

KH 3 on Wii - Seems likely, especially with Disney's support of Nintendo

FFXIII on Wii - Yeah, I said it. If SE hits anymore problems and PS3 fails to increase its install base at a desirable rate, SE might cut this money burner and put it on Wii. People forget that they originally started FFXIII on PS2 but scrapped that for PS3 when they saw it. They can always go back to what they made on PS2, finish and update it for Wii and release it there. It would probably cost less than to continue the PS3 version and sell more on Wii anyway.

FNC on Wii - At least one Fabula Nova Crystallis game is going to Wii. I think it was Dengeki that started the rumor about Haeresis XIII on Wii.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Let's see...

FFXIII on Wii - Yeah, I said it. If SE hits anymore problems and PS3 fails to increase its install base at a desirable rate, SE might cut this money burner and put it on Wii. People forget that they originally started FFXIII on PS2 but scrapped that for PS3 when they saw it. They can always go back to what they made on PS2, finish and update it for Wii and release it there. It would probably cost less than to continue the PS3 version and sell more on Wii anyway.

FNC on Wii - At least one Fabula Nova Crystallis game is going to Wii. I think it was Dengeki that started the rumor about Haeresis XIII on Wii.

The are no FF13 problems, just fanboys dreams of problems.  PS2 FF13 was not scraped, they moved the development to the PS3 since they were just starting. There is no Ps2 build that could be made into a wii version. 

Tekken 6 to go muiltplatform. And Bioshock to the PS3.

steven787 said:
I think that FF will stay on PS3, but it might become less relevant and CC might take the spot light.

Hah!

Around the Network

Has a big exclusive Wii game even been announced yet?  All I can think of is spinoffs and mini-games.  Please inform me if I've missed them but most of the games I've seen announced lately (new Marvel fighting game, Lost, SC, RE, Rockstar games, etc) has been either PS3, 360, or both.

KH3 would be the first (unless someone corrects me), but isn't there a thread about how that game won't even be announced for some time?

I could see DQ10 on the Wii but we'll see.

FF13 will not be on the Wii.  It's like some of you guys live in a different world...

Nonquihote said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Let's see...

The are no FF13 problems, just fanboys dreams of problems.  PS2 FF13 was not scraped, they moved the development to the PS3 since they were just starting. There is no Ps2 build that could be made into a wii version. 

No, they scrapped the PS2 version and started the PS3 version from scratch with the White Engine - that was the entire point. So yes, they can revive the PS2 version. They had a bit of it done.
Also, anyone who says that they aren't having problems is in denial. The game just keeps sliding back and SE had to license Unreal Engine 3 for other next gen games because the White Engine wasn't coming along as fast or well enough. The game isn't even going to be playable until 2008.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

DQ X will be on the DS, especially with how much most think it will sell on it. They don't need to bring it to consoles again this gen other than spinoff form.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

z64dan said:
Nintendo's best exclusives are all first party. I can say that I am sorry that Banjo Kazooie left last gen, and Perfect Dark. Also sad that Factor 5 made a dragon game instead of Rogue Squadron. LOL.

Stop crapping on games and trying to incite conflict.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!