By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What series do you predict will switch consoles this generation?

Wow i know theres 3(and a possible 4th) games in the FNC series but surely that wont last the whole gen.FFXIII 08/09 FFVersusXIII 08/09/10 FFAgitoXIII for MOBILE PHONES how the hell? and FFHaeresisXIII patent for name made May1st2007 no more details released.
SO4 has been announced for PS3 and X360 and SOlegends is exclusive for Wii.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

I'm not sure Square sees Nintendo as a venue for the Final Fantasy series. FF is all bout graphics and great cinematics, and I'm not sure they want to reduce that to tell the story on the Wii. I do think Square-Enix will create something original that they can incorporate the Wiimote and maybe later the Wiiboard.

Ok right:

PS3 lost exclusives:

FF VIII - I think so as both 360/Ps3 aren't selling fabulously in Japan so surely they'll get more money this way.

Xbox 360:

Ace Combat 6

Dead Rising 2

Wii:

Why would anyone wanna switch from wii?

&

AS FOR MGS4 - I beleive it IS & WILL be a Ps3 exclusive

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Silversen said:
Having FF:CC on Wii in no way impairs Square from also putting a mainline FF on a nintendo console.
I know it doesnt but what Square-Enix likes to do with FF fill them up to the brim with high tech stuff it might work on the Wii* and FF:CC for the Wii is meant to be more like the mainline FF RPG feel.

*I am not by any means saying the Wii is an underpowered system i am just saying they like to use the one that lets them express themselves the most(their words not mine).I will probably buy a Wii soon dont know when but soon.

My inclination to say 'FFXIII for the Wii' is largely due to Japan. As people have been pointing out, the series is huge over there, typically selling more in Japan than in the US, and usually on the order of 3m in both territories. Can Square really afford to release the game on a system (or combination of systems) that won't have 5m (or maybe even 3m) in total sales in Japan by holiday '08?

It doesn't seem unbelievable to suppose that the difference between a Wii release and a PS3 release would be several million copies.

Around the Network

SE might release a version of FFXIII on the Wii but not the main one.They might release Haeresis or move Agito from the Moblie phone to the Wii or DS.

The MAIN FF VIII cannot come to WII now

Its impossible to think it can

BUT spin offs will come to the wii

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Soriku said:
mitsuhide said:
Wow i know theres 3(and a possible 4th) games in the FNC series but surely that wont last the whole gen.FFXIII 08/09 FFVersusXIII 08/09/10 FFAgitoXIII for MOBILE PHONES how the hell? and FFHaeresisXIII patent for name made May1st2007 no more details released.

Proof to where SO4 and SOL announced please.

SO4:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Calibur_4

SOL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Calibur_Legends

Wii:

KH3
DQX
FFXIII Spinoff

PS3:

Gears of War 3 and maybe 2 (multiplatform)
Lots of 360 titles going multiplatform

Xbox 360:

Possibly FFXIII
6 month to 1 year delay of MGS4
Lots of PS3 titles going multiplatform

DS:

Who knows? Too many DS games are made to keep track of.

mitsuhide said:
Soriku said:
mitsuhide said:

Proof to where SO4 and SOL announced please.

SO4:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Calibur_4

SOL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Calibur_Legends

I couldn't figure out what you meant by SO lol.  Usually people abreviate Soul Calibur with SC, not SO.