By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to get a PS3 for $299

Amazon has a deal going where if you order a a Blu-Ray player from their list (and the new 80 Gig PS3 is on there) and 4 Blu-Ray movies from a limited list of Warner Bros. titles, you get $100 back.  Here is the link for this deal:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7767122_2?ie=UTF8&tag=scentratingsc-20&docId=1000279241

You can keep the movies if you like them, or do like I did and order Blu-Ray discs that Wal-Mart stocks in the stores.  When mine got here, I returned them at the nearest Wal-Mart, who gave me store credit for them (since I didn't have a Wal-Mart receipt).  Since the store credit is useful for groceries and other games in stock at the store, it's as good as cash.  Any other place that let's you return shrinkwrapped Blu-Ray discs without a receipt would work just as well as Wal-Mart.

By this method I actually paid less for a PS3 than I did for my Wii (which I got in early 2007 at above retail from Craig's List).  Don't pass this deal up, as it only lasts till the end of this year.

Around the Network

Great find and thanks for sharing it with any prospective buyers on here. Glad to see you know the true value of the best system on the market just like myself.

sweet bout time to stick it to walmart by making them pay for your goods that you never bought from them!!!

hey leave wal mart alone they sell my favorite cereals alot cheaper than the other stores around me :)

Wow if I didn't already have one I would get it.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
markers said:
sweet bout time to stick it to walmart by making them pay for your goods that you never bought from them!!!

It's not really sticking it to them at all.  They get to turn around and sell those movies and get their money back.  They also make thier profits, because I will end up spending the store credit in there.  I consider muyself just an alternate distribution system fior the Blu-Ray movies I brought in.

LOL nice find

rajendra82 said:
markers said:

It's not really sticking it to them at all.  They get to turn around and sell those movies and get their money back.  They also make thier profits, because I will end up spending the store credit in there.  I consider muyself just an alternate distribution system fior the Blu-Ray movies I brought in.

What is a little fraud, when you can get some free store credit!

WiiStation360 said:
rajendra82 said:
markers said:

What is a little fraud, when you can get some free store credit!

And they get some free movies.  And get to sell me stuff.  If it was so bad for them, they'd stop doing this.

Interesting.