By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Need help with nVidia drivers..

So I have this laptop Acer Aspire 9520,which has nvidia 7900 gs, and I cant find new drivers to it,coz at nVidia they sey I need to to download drivers from acer.com but there ain't drivers for 7900 gs.

I'm having problems now with few games that don't work without updating it...

Im desperate,cant find much help from google or friends..

Thanks for help.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Maybe try here?

Didin't help..Fight with it about hour...

Really? Is it just refusing to install or something?

Well I looked some links on there where it did say 7900gs so I downloaded like 4 difrent kind and they put me error while trying to install.

Around the Network

Are you downloading for the correct OS? XP or Vista? 32 bit or 64 bit?
Where are you seeing something specifically for the 7900gs?

Just download the Geforce 7 Series driver for your OS from Nvidia themselves. Ignore the fact they tell you to go to Acer - the graphics chip in an Acer is the same as any other 7900GS.

...What is OS?
And it wont let me download it from there...Says I need to go acer.com.Btw sorry it is nVidia Geforce 7900gs Go.
I have 32 vista.
Some was at second page where there reads all nVidias it supports and there is 7900 gs..
Also I don't know what to type on search list on that page.Its weird..

Simulacrum said:
...What is OS?
And it wont let me download it from there...Says I need to go acer.com.Btw sorry it is nVidia Geforce 7900gs Go.
I have 32 vista.
Some was at second page where there reads all nVidias it supports and there is 7900 gs..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_178.24_whql.html

Try this. It doesn't matter that Nvidia wants you to go to acer.com; honestly, the drivers would be the same. They only want you to go to Acer for corporate and legal reasons that don't affect you at all.

By the way, the link is nvidia.com -> Drivers -> Geforce 7 Series / Vista 32-bit

And "OS" is short for operating system - Vista 32-bit is yours.

Soleron said:
Simulacrum said:
...What is OS?
I have 32 vista.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_178.24_whql.html

Try this. It doesn't matter that Nvidia wants you to go to acer.com; honestly, the drivers would be the same. They only want you to go to Acer for corporate and legal reasons that don't affect you at all.

By the way, the link is nvidia.com -> Drivers -> Geforce 7 Series / Vista 32-bit

And "OS" is short for operating system - Vista 32-bit is yours.

Yes I have tried that about 4 times (tried it again) and it says Error "we cant find any hardware that uses this program" sorry cant put it better.