By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My guy finally speaks (Fred thomson) where was this guy?

it's long but worth it.

Fred's back!

He seemed to have disappeared for a while.

Around the Network

It's a shame, he was the ideal candidate for president in my mind.

I had to stop at 1:24...

He spends the first minute talking about small rogue nations developing WMDs, and then accuses Dems of fear mongering.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
I had to stop at 1:24...

He spends the first minute talking about small rogue nations developing WMDs, and then accuses Dems of fear mongering.

just watch the whole thing.  He does a good job here.

I loved him in "Death Valley Days".

Around the Network
steven787 said:

He was a good actor.

I remember having a conversation with my mom about Thomson some time between the speculation that he'd run and his actual announcement. I'll try and recreate what I said as close to verbatim as possible.

"Thomson is an ass hat. And for whatever reason Republicans are claiming him to be an ideal candidate, the moment he officially announces he's running, instead of the ideal that people are projecting on to him, we'll just be left with that southern drawling ass hat. This guy's campaign will die out the moment he makes it official."

And sure enough, the moment his campaign became tangible, it was discovered there was nothing to grasp. Hell, I think his support doubled the moment he dropped back out of the race! Theoretical Thomson kicked Actualy Thomson's ass.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Coca-Cola said:
steven787 said:

He was a good actor.

I hate when I make a great joke that nobody gets.

steven787 said:
Coca-Cola said:
steven787 said:

He was a good actor.

I hate when I make a great joke that nobody gets.

Ditto!

LOL. I got a robocall from Fred Thompson this morning asking me to vote for Jeff Beatty (he's running for senate in Massachusetts against John Kerry).

Its really the first political call I've gotten this election. Living in Massachusetts, where Obama will win easily, we don't get many adds/calls from either camp. Its actually rather nice. I would go insane if I lived in a battleground state.