By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Depression / Recession Effecting Your Gaming: What To Do...?

This recession or depression, whatever you want to call it (it is more of a depression for me and most people I know but the economy is coming together but it will still not be the good until a few more months or so for many people), is effecting more gamers than I would like to think of. Of course this even effects the developers, publishers, and console developers (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo), and that is not good for anyone in the gaming industry. So how can you defeat this depression (I'll call it recession though)? I have a few ways of saving money this holiday season and some advice to the gaming developers, publishes, and console creators, for this drought. So if you are going through this, then hopefully this will help a few of you.

Patience Won't Kill You

Wait a while for your games to come out. If a game is jsut soemthing you want try out but not on your most have list, then wait a while. Places such as Gamestop, Amazon.com, andPlayNTrade, are perfect for cheap games about a few weeks after release. I know people don't like gamestop, which is for good reason, but they do have the some of the best deals on games. They might have crappy trade in value but they are still great at given out deals.Take your time when it comes to games that are "ok" to you and buy the games that are above your expectations or just great (above a 8.0 out of 10 on most reviews).

II

"Going to miss those long lines...."

Stop Buying Games!!!!

No just joking What you should do though is try only buying games that you would really want and know is going to be fun. Usually I don't recommend looking at reviews by people that are payed so I would tell you not to do that. What you can do though is go to a media site, fan site, or just research the game first, and find out if you really want it. Look up some fan video reviews and find out if the game is what you are looking for or interested in. Don't ask yourself if I should get LittleBigPlanet or Baja 1000: Score International. Get the game that you know is going to last long and be fun (**cough** Get LittleBigPlanet **cough**). You can wait a while for the other game is drop in price before you get it. Most games now-a-days drop price quickly, usually a month after release. 

II
Boy: "You won't have a new friend for a while guys"

I know you are going to miss your collection getting bigger but it is just something you have to endure for a while. Just get the games that you know are going to be great. Save your money for something more important that will last longer, like another game console. Well that is another joke, what could be more important than gaming (voice on the other side of the room; "umm...... a home.......

Rent First
Basically goes with patience but if you really can't wait then just rent the games. Go to Gamefly.com or any other game renting site or place to rent games. most of you know about renting so I won't go into too much detail but renting is the best way to get over the should I or should I not buy idea.

II
(self explanatory)

You Are Now A CheasAssGamer.... CONGRADULATIONS!!!

No really, find deals, they are all over the place. Pre-Order deals do not count if you were thinking that. Deals such as *blank* percent off, gift cards, buy *blank* get *blank* free, and savingsthat are not from the usually price as others. Go to CheapAssGamer.com and find literally hundreds of deals on games and more. It is only a gaming site for deals but does have other deals. That is usually where I find most of my deals and it has been helpful to say the less.

II
(CheapAssGamer Banner)

Dedicted To Being Cheap Gamers - Do A Search

There are multiple sites that give you deals on games. Try these to get coupons, coupon codes, and find the cheapest deals. Also trading sites are great for a lot of people. I use a great site (listed below) that has given me a lot of games for free and cheaper then you would expect.

Gamestop Weekly Ads

Cheap Ass Gamer Website

Goozex.com I use this great site to trade games and get games for free. It is the world's largest trading site for games and is wonderful!! you basically trade games with people around the world for games that you want. You give up one game and they give up one. You can also pay for credit points so you don't have to trade a game but just pay for it. (ex. 100 Goozex Points is about $10 but every game that you trade can be from 100 points to 1000 points so you usually pay about $1 for each game that is 100 points).

Amazon.com Deals Section

Gametz.com Another great site to trade in games.

II
(Goozex Banner)

(To admins and others, this is not promoting but telling people where to get games for cheap. If it does seem like that then I will edit this part out. Please PM me if it is. Thanks. )

Out With The Old In With The New

Just got done with Goozex and GameTZ so why not explain trading in your games. Most hate trading games since you do love every game that you have had. Yet trading in games you won't even play again is a wise idea right now. I don't recommend going to Gamestop or PlayNTrade to trade in your games. PlayNTrade is indivisually owned so trading gmaes there may be a good or bad idea depending on which store you go to. PNT is good for buying games since they set there own prices but can be bad for buying and trading. Still try going to a few before buying. we all know about Gamestop too. Whatever you do, don't trade in your games at Gamestop. You have better luck getting your money worth on eBay. Gamestop trade in values are not great at all. Taking off a dollar for no case when they have extras in the back and in it is no and no scratches, they give you half the price of new and then sell it for $5 less. That is just not right. I do support the used game industry but just avaoid trading there unless no one else wants you games.

II
Great deal in Japan on MGS4 Bundle. Could trade about 30 games and its yours at Gamestop

Just find places such as a local pawn shop or trade online or to a friend. When you get the money for the game (or a new game that you traded for) then go out and bargain hunt for some deals ona  new game.

Lastly, Come To Me

Trust me, if you are on the boards a lot, you see thata tend to post a lot fo deals for games, consoles, and accessories. I have always been a Cheap Ass Gamer and that is why I have a lot of games, mostly PSP games since those are pretty cheap and I find a lot of places that sell it for cheap. Just message me and I will try my best to find you a great deal.

Thanks for reading!!!!

Questions to the reader.

• What do you do to save money with games?
  • Name a few deals you have had with games?
  • Is the recession effecting you buying games?
  • What have you done to get around it?