By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NXE beta impressions

"Congratulations on your acceptance into the Xbox 360 Fall Flash Preview Program. As a member of this program you will be receiving the New Xbox Experience (NXE) System Update."

Wooo I'm in, anybody else ?

Lets share our first impression.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

I didn't get in, but I read that they would push the update to you later in the week. Let me know what you think about it when it happens. Also, from what I read, not a lot of people got in, so feel privileged.

Neat, I will let you know.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Ok, I have the update for an hour now. This is very cool, I can't see the old dashboard anymore.

The avatar system is great and easy to set up (check my Gamercard), the new marketplace finally looks like a real online shop.

The quick launch tab is convenient and fast (everything accessible from the XBOX Button). I haven't tried installing a game on the hard drive yet (I only see this as a way to turn down the noise of the drive because there isn't any real issue on the loading time of the 360). My friends doesn't have the NXE so I can't test the party system yet.

The only thing that REALLY PISSES ME OFF is the fact that Netflix is not available here !

Your guys is pretty cool

Around the Network
Cueil said:
Your guys is pretty cool

It is a (very) enhanced virtual version of me

Sardauk said:
Cueil said:
Your guys is pretty cool

I Homer the more "You" person?  :p

Cueil said:
Sardauk said:
Cueil said:
Your guys is pretty cool

No thanksfully, I'm physically closer to my avatar than to Homer Simpsons (uuurhh).

Sardauk said:
Cueil said:
Sardauk said:
Cueil said:
Your guys is pretty cool

No thanksfully, I'm physically closer to my avatar than to Homer Simpsons (uuurhh).

Damn you for getting in and me NOT getting in!!

Now that my angst is out; everything I've heard/read about the NXE has been positive...but the party system, netflix and installs are the three things I was most interested in trying!

How does everyone else look on your dashboard that doesn't have NXE?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence