By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - to all wii owners, share your thoughts on wii's best publishers in 2009

this is basically another of my blogs but i wont call it that becuase the last one bombed harder than Tenchu 4

in 2007 and 2008 nintendo has definately been the best publisher on wii, but in 2009 they face competition from 2 big competitors. i will cover all wii exclusive games with a 2009 release  in at least 1 region

nintendo ( all of thier announced games are developed by third partys except one, hardly anything intenrally developed yet i believe)

punch out-  much demanded sequel to old boxing franchise,features little mac and many classic characters from the old game. rumoured to be controlled with wiimote, numchcuk and balance board. by next level games who made mario strikers

Sin and Punishment 2- sequel to niche, japan only title. sequel is being  done be original developers treasure

Dynamic Slash- new IP by Sandlot, seems to be an Earth Defense Force but set in Norse Mythology

Cosmic walker- action adventure game by gaia. set in space

Spawn Smasher- colourfull side scrolling action game by Artoon

Another Code R, Gateway of Memory: 3D sequel to DS adveture title developed by Cing

Line attack Heores: new IP from Grezzo Games

Endless Ocean 2: sequel by Arika, will apparnetly feature updated graphics and mission system

Takt of magic- Sequel to RPG Lostmagic on DS, use the wiimote to draw symbols and perform attacks. developed by Taito

kensax- a game developed by shift

Everyone’s the Star on the NHK Red-and-White Quiz Battle

Start w/ 100 Conversations! English Conversation

Sega. Following the trend set by Nights and Samba de Amigo, sega continues to give wii sequels to dreamcast games. The company has a clear intention to be THE third party for core gamers. its publishing  2 of wiis most hyped game for Q1 2009

The Conduit- first person shooter by HVS

Madworld- violent action title with a Sin City feel by Platinum games

Bleach: Versus crusade- fighter in popular bleach series developed by treasure

house of the dead overkill- prequel to house of the dead 1, developed by headstrong games who made batallion wars 2

sonic and the black knight: sequel to million seller sonic and the secret rings  in the sonic storybook series. creators want to fix problems with

With lack of support from square enix Marvelous has stepped in to provide the core of wiis RPGs. With a whole set of new IP it looks like at least a couple of these could become wii exclusive franchises. rising star will publish in europe and Xseed will publish in USA

Kizuna(not sure if this is marvellous)- action RPG, point the wii mote to discover the weakpoint of enemies

Little King's Story- stratergy RPG.  play as a king and try to conqueror the other kingdoms. told in a story book pattern players

Arc Rise Fantasia- traditional  turn based JRPG. players fight in parties of 3 to defend the Meridian empire from Contaminant Dragons

Vallalah Knights: Eldar Saga- choose from four races and customise your characters appearance and stats. the game will feature real time combat, online co-op mode and over 60 quests

Rune Factory Frontier- simulation RPG, player can choose their route through the game. these can range from being a simple farmer to a hardy warrior

Muramasa: The Demon Blade- a sidescrolling action RPG with 2 player characters. This game is the spiritual successor to Odin Sphere but it is set in Japaneese mythology rather tha norse mythology

so which publisher do you think will be the best in 2009?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

SEGA wins it for me by inch, if no more heroes 2 was coming 2009 then marvelous

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I think it's too early (mostly because i think that Nintendo will show more games) but if thing were gonna stay like that i would say SEGA because of Madworld and The Conduit mainly because i'm only hyped by Punch Out and i don't know much about the RPG's

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Either Nintendo ,Marvelous, or Sega. It depends on personal preference.

really right now nintendo and sega; i'm looking foward to a few wii games in january-april

Around the Network

Most definately Sega and Marvelous.

Sega has me especially surprised, with acquiring publishing rights for new hardcore IP's like MadWorld and The Conduit. In the beggining of Wii's life i was expecting that Sega would take the casual shovelware road (which has been reserved for Ubi now).

SEGA hands down, second is Marvelous and Namco Bandai

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Sega and Marvelous easily haha. It's not contest and of course Ninty but that's understood.

I'm gonna say EA, with their MotionPlus-enabled sports games.

But SEGA isn't too far off in second, and I'm not counting Nintendo.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Sega has Bleach: Versus Crusade......
Marvelous has Arc Rise Fantasia.....

Dammit!

Dunno but 09 will be epic for Wii!