By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The wii will tragically stop at 49.9% we all know it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

The Wii did even better than I expected this week, reaching 42 million, and is now thundering towards 50%

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Huge adjustments last week. 7 weeks now? WOW!

At .2% rate, Wii will hit 50% 11 weeks... That would be March 2009.

Galaki said:
At .2% rate, Wii will hit 50% 11 weeks... That would be March 2009.

WTF!? Drain Bamage. How did I come up with 11 weeks? LOL.

5 weeks, 50% for Feb '09

Around the Network

It's amazing how much the adjustments mean, really. So far, wii has seen adjustments that average at +180k per week. This is not peanuts, and means that what you see on the VGChartz homepage right now is really not the actual numbers. You have to add 180k.

The PS360 have seen much lower adjustments, they average only +64k per week. Apparently VGChartz is continiously undertracking the Wii, for one reason or another, by a pretty big amount. We'll see what happens in the future, but it would be nice to know whether or not this has been an ongoing trend or if it is a more recent phenomenon.

This is invisible text!

New numbers for the week ending the 20th of december up.

This week Wii got a downward adjustment of around 90k, and the PS360 got a downward one of around 20k, breaking the trend of Wii getting upward adjustments.

Weekly, the Wii outpaced it's HD competitors by almost 400k, a huge number. The weekly estimate (i. e gap/gap decrease + 1) puts us at 5 weeks until 50%, but when the market cools down after christmas this figure is likely to go up again.

The gap is just above 1.5 million.

This is invisible text!

This is a good thread for numbers.

Yep Wii easily gonna make 50%.
Khuutra ^ is spot on with the numbers we know nintendo will make at least 2.4million units per month in 2009 -
If they expand production even more to say 3 million per month may even be possible to go for 55% then 60%. Once returning third parties get their Wii sw development rolling and nintendo brings in price cuts 3 million units per month is possible.

PS3 number 1 fan

Go Wii Go