By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage looking for alternative to Friend-Codes

It's pretty annoying, but if they can make Nintendo change their mind, so be it. But I think Nintendo likes the way it is.

It's an okay online system with me, but its annoying telling people what's your friend code I will add you. Then they have to get out a pencil and paper just to remember it and stuff. Where as Xbox and Playstation, you can just say the name and its there to remember.

Around the Network
ecurbz said:
It's pretty annoying, but if they can make Nintendo change their mind, so be it. But I think Nintendo likes the way it is.

It's an okay online system with me, but its annoying telling people what's your friend code I will add you. Then they have to get out a pencil and paper just to remember it and stuff. Where as Xbox and Playstation, you can just say the name and its there to remember.

Thats what I originally thought.

I thought you just give them your Wii Code and that was it but nooooo! It had to be 12# for each game. >.<

Alternative to friend codes? Hmmm... Put it on 360?
(Note: the 360 is the only console I do not currently own)

Get Sega to set up their own servers, that would probably be too costly.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
Alternative to friend codes? Hmmm... Put it on 360?
(Note: the 360 is the only console I do not currently own)

Get Sega to set up their own servers, that would probably be too costly.

or for the love of good gamer tags... ID...

in game adding.

It would be nice for them to set up something. I just think it's a shame that you can't use one code for the system and that would apply to all games you own. And why couldn't you pick and set your own code or even a username and it's up to you if want to accept people or not? It could still be the safe gaming environment that Nintendo wants it to be.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

I have been saying this forever. Console game developers are lazy asses expecting hardware consoles to solve the answers. Then BITCH if it doesn't meet there standards and put the blame back on the console producer. I like HVS for doing it the old fashioned way. take the matter into your own hands rather than be a emo whiny idiot.

Though I think Conduit will suck for it's generic game play. I have HIGH respect for the developer.

I suspect they will use the FC system this time, but if there is a Conduit 2. Then I wouldn't doubt they will take different route. It's jus that this time seems to be a focus on getting the engine ready for a first game.

I can't wait to see what HVS can do once they master their engine. They will probably blow away Conduit with a Conduit 2.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
I have been saying this forever. Console game developers are lazy asses expecting hardware consoles to solve the answers. Then BITCH if it doesn't meet there standards and put the blame back on the console producer. I like HVS for doing it the old fashioned way. take the matter into your own hands rather than be a emo whiny idiot.

Though I think Conduit will suck for it's generic game play. I have HIGH respect for the developer.

I suspect they will use the FC system this time, but if there is a Conduit 2. Then I wouldn't doubt they will take different route. It's jus that this time seems to be a focus on getting the engine ready for a first game.

I can't wait to see what HVS can do once they master their engine. They will probably blow away Conduit with a Conduit 2.

Lolz.

It's funny to see high voltage something like a proletarian on behalf of the wii. They have so much faith on the system it's touching. I always thought nintendo themselfs would pick up the conduit but sega got to them first.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

friend codes are terrible. It will be great if they don't have to implement them.

sega and HVS have similar attitudes to the wii

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia