By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - High Voltage looking for alternative to Friend-Codes

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/690518/The_Conduit_Team_Looking_For_Alternatives_To_Wii_Friend_Codes.html

'The Conduit' Team Looking For Alternatives To Wii Friend Codes

Posted by Brian Leahy - Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:43 PM

High Voltage Software, the developers of The Conduit, are reportedly looking for an alternative to Nintendo's Friend Code System on the Wii.

The Friend Code System has come under fire from gamers and the press for being needlessly complicated. It makes multiplayer gaming with friends a chore on the Wii, unlike Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network.

Chief Creative Officer of High Voltage, Eric Nofsinger, says that, "It’s something where we need to continue to work with [Nintendo] closely, and figure out something that does hit what they need, but also hits what we need as gamers, you know?"

Around the Network

great, i hope they use something similar to EA on wii

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I hope they find an alternative friend codes are annoying.

If they find an alternative, and Nintendo utilizes that in other games...

Hope so.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

God I hope so , something along the line of EA id(MOH2:H) ....make it sega id whatnot wouldn't mine registering 1 time and play on their servers. Just not teh evil friend codes !!!

Around the Network

They would need to use a server to avoid using friend codes. Does SEGA at least have servers of their own?

@brawl4life and Chrizum

Doubtful. Sega does not have its own servers. (Chrizum)

Maybe they can come up with something though like what VV did with GH:WT and SD cards.

on the road to making the wii a better system...

Valkyria00 said:
@brawl4life and Chrizum

Doubtful. Sega does not have its own servers. (Chrizum)

Maybe they can come up with something though like what VV did with GH:WT and SD cards.

^^^^ they had servers setup for the gamecube game Phantasy Star Online : Ep 1&2 don't see why they can't now. Think they ran their own servers for some of the 2K series game too .

Phoenix_Wiight said:
on the road to making the wii online better....

Fixed.

@brawl4life

PSO was pretty big though....
Dunno. Maybe for the sequel?