By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wipeout HD motion support seems good opinion.

Firstly I would never have bought wipeout HD without motion steering support - ( i never played any of the original versions either)

After playing it for probably 10 hours total now over the last few weeks - it seems the motion support works great. I still feel like there is a slight lag but part of that is the ships handling have inertia and some steer faster than others. And it's easily compensated for i am quite used to it.

I can understand anyone who is only used to thumbsticks or is simply uncoordinated will have trouble with it - You need to keep a steady controlled grip and no krazy movements just lean it left and right and tilt up and down you dont need to turn it upside down to turn just mabey 30degrees tilt for full lock is enough - it's VERY sensitive and is adjustable.

Comparing my skill level progression against when i played GT3 on the PS2 I think i prefer the motion support to the old thumbstick games.

Of course i played Motorstorm a fair bit also and they seem to be similar quality in this respect - so i hope motorstorm pacifica can do equally well or better. I know some people had trouble with using the motorcycles in motorstorm with motion support - not me a few practice laps and i had it nailed so mabey i am just good with this type of thing ! (Should be -I have an open class motorcycle licence and regular mtb rider too.)

Also my thumbs and fingers are free to use the flaps and weapons which also is an advantage in motorstorm where i can operate the break , handbreak , boost and horn without any of the problems i suspect other players have.

Anyone else here using the motion steering in Wipeout how are you finding it. ?

PS3 number 1 fan