By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - On the Death of Next-Gen in Japan

I see the advantage of having better graphics and I did want the best graphical machine but like another article I read on this site, does seeing the sweat from a football player really make the game better...

I think we all had fun player PS2 and some older games had fun player super Nintendo, I don't understand the hate and I mean HATE toward Wii and the main attack is the graphics. The second attack is the games, like Wii sports and Wii Music (I'll concede on Wii Music without a fight) but still, at some point the "next-gen" graphics is going to get to the point that it doesn't impress people and they will say "ok this looks real, now what".

Before spending years and millions of dollars on next-gen graphics on a game, they should spend years fine turning the gameplay.

Around the Network

Come to think about it, even the Wii isn't doing stellar over there. It's selling at 30k a week and barely moving software except for some of Nintendo's titles.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

30k is stilll 6x more than PS3 (weekly sales).

Japan's market has gone down, we gotta look at their current state and evaluate that. 6x is a big gap.

Wow this chap is an amazing writer.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down