By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does stuff like this keep happening?

Soma said:
yushire said:
arsenal009 said:
I don't understand ubi. They are just ruining their reputation with Wii owners coming out with crap like this. And it's not like this is gonna sell, or Vengeance didn't sell either, what's the point?

Just let them be... In due time the casuals will not buy any casual crap from third parties anymore.

Like Konami and Squeenix they too have no good quality titles on the Wii I think in 2009 the Wii and its games will change we actually see it now with the upcoming releases like Madworld, The Conduit and Monster Hunter 3...

Fixed (Pro Evolution, MLB Power Pros, Elebits, Dewy's Adventure, Marble Mania)

Konami has given a bit of support.  Pro Evo & MLB Power Pros are big franchises & they definitely could have done a bit more with those 2, especially Pro Evo.  But looks like they're fixing a lot of issues ppl had with the first iteration of Pro Evo on Wii, so at least they're improving.

Around the Network

The looks too violent anyways.  A good one to avoid based on that alone.  :)

famousringo said:
Another clue that this one was going to stink was the dearth of screens and gameplay videos released before launch. If the developer is too ashamed to show the game in public, you can bet it's nothing to be proud of.

I'm looking at you, Quantum of Solace Wii.

There is actually a video on Youtube showing the first two minutes of the Wii version of the game.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

I can understand why a company would choose to not upgrade the graphics but I do not understand why features are removed and the game downgraded (another example Smackdown vs Raw 2008).

I have a hard time believing it but this really does look intentional.

^^^^

To say it bluntly, they can't be that stupid.

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

iamfanboy said:

I can understand why a company would choose to not upgrade the graphics but I do not understand why features are removed and the game downgraded (another example Smackdown vs Raw 2008).

I have a hard time believing it but this really does look intentional.

^^^^

To say it bluntly, they can't be that stupid.

Whether we like to admit it or not, the simple fact is that the Wii's audience is less informed than the audience of other consoles and therefore are less driven by "quality". There's a lower incentive to work hard on Wii games because there's a greater probability that that effort will not be recognised.

The lower quality software is remarkably a normal response to market incentives.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network
patjuan32 said:
famousringo said:
Another clue that this one was going to stink was the dearth of screens and gameplay videos released before launch. If the developer is too ashamed to show the game in public, you can bet it's nothing to be proud of.

I'm looking at you, Quantum of Solace Wii.

There is actually a video on Youtube showing the first two minutes of the Wii version of the game.

Yeah, a couple of promising vids have shown up since I made this comment. I don't think that QoS is going to be anything special, but it does look like it might actually be fun. Looks pretty decent for a movie license game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Squilliam said:
Buying a Wii sends a strong message I guess. "Im not too fussed about games which push the graphics boundaries" But it doesn't say "I want a crap game, shovel it down my throat and give me seconds please!"

The issue I guess that seems most important here is this:

A: It damages the reputation of third party developers on the Wii, making its audience even more 3rd party shy. If they haven't played the game, a lot of people would have heard about it from friends/internet etc.

B. If it makes any money, it just gives them an incentive to do it more. When crappy work is good enough, expect crappy work done.

C. A smaller issue, but it does reflect on the console negatively as well when bad games are released. No fault of Nintendo or even the other third party companies with honest offerings. Bad offerings unfortunately do too much to counteract the good work of other developers.

Personally, blame the Publishers here and not the developers. Most often these types of choices are made which go against the wishes of the poor saps forced to make/deliver this crap.

Imagine if you got told to make a game in 9 months with half the people you need just because the publisher wants to make some extra $$$? Either you work your butt off to make a semi decent game or you just accept the inevitable and try and makes something that at least semi-works.

May be a combination of A and B.

A) If this happens then company X does not have to change their business model (360/PS3) which in itself would be a big money saver due to the cost of transition (organization and productivity) to a new model. 

B) Yeah, why spend more money then you have to... it does make sense.  In addition, the "bar" may be set so low in order to minimize work needed to be done on the next iteration of game X.  This makes sense because if the bar is set high then more is expected, if set low then you can simply add features which were removed originally (Brothers at Arms, Smackdown) and sell it as a new game LOL jk, I hope so.

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

I think it's just more evidence of what others have been saying that, unfortunatly Wii si a dumping ground for quick and easy shovelware. These companies are trying to bank on people buying because of name, unavailability of the title they DO want, and people buying games based on cover art.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself