By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 will be first to get Netflix HD

^^It's only the super techies that will Do this. The average consumer will use live.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
As far as I've heard, the reviews for NXEflix is VERY glowing.

Chalk up another massive plus for the X360.

I think it's a good thing as well, but massive plus for 360? not so much.

I'm not saying this as a fanboy, seriously.

Does anyone really think blu-ray is going to be remotely as relevant as dvd? The writing is already on the wall.

Ender said:
I'm not saying this as a fanboy, seriously.

Does anyone really think blu-ray is going to be remotely as relevant as dvd? The writing is already on the wall.

I would say no. The penetration of HDTV's is proof enough of that. I however don't think it will be a failure either.  It will remain a viable distribution method for HD content and probably the premier one at that.  The future will be about options though, I think the days of a single monolithic physical based media (like DVD) are past us.  VOD, online streaming, disc based (BD) and a combination of other methods will be the way forward I think.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Sweet, hopefully my internet speed can handle this. Great news though.

Around the Network

About that, we are 3 weeks away from the XBOXLive revamp.

I went yesterday on XBLM to get Penny Arcade Episode 2, and there was a special page dedicated to the enw XBL preview.

Kinda cool, with streaming video ... but ... in french ! It was also telling that we could download favorite series and shows with original title in french !

I hope this is a good indication that Netflix will be available for Europe as well. Finger crossed.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I said back after E3 that M$ made a deal for this and every single Netflix subscriber and PS3 owner called me a fanboy and said I was talking sh*t. I'm laughing my arse off now. Haha. (Sorry puts serious face on.) Thank god for the new techs. Hopefully this comes to UK and I wont ever have to consider any form of old disc tech again. God I hate discs.