By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Ant and the Grasshopper.....

The grasshopper made the life of the hard working ants happier with his music, but the ants were to selfish to tip the artist and left him to die.

Moral: There is no place for art in a capitalistic collective system of production.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
What kind of cheap bastard ony tips 10%?

I usually tip 0%, but of course I'm not American.

I think the tipping thing is pretty stupid... No one tips me at my job when I do something well, why should waiters be any different? Oh well, I guess it's one of those traditions which never go away.

When I tip it's not based on any percentage either... Doing it on a percentage basis makes even less sense to me.

Copycon said:

Edit: and yes, when I am in the US I always tip, just because it lessens the chance that the waiter will piss in my soup

Wouldn't it be too late for the waiter to piss in the soup by the time you do not tip him/her?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Copycon said:
The grasshopper made the life of the hard working ants happier with his music, but the ants were to selfish to tip the artist and left him to die.

Moral: There is no place for art in a capitalistic collective system of production.

Art tends to thrive in capitalist countries ... The artists that tend to complain (the most) about it being impossible to make a living in a capitalist society are (generally speaking) either fairly bad or go out of their way to offend as may people as possible.

I could be living in a bubble, but I have know several graphic designers who have done web-design or corporate art in order to pay the bills while they worked on their more serious pieces. Countries like the United States and Canada have many more musicians, artists, film makers and (pretty much) every kind of artist than communist countries because people will spend their disposable income on art to make their homes, offices and public spaces look better.