29,761,857 vg$ 3,820 0 1%
16,896,442 vg$ 3,495 0 1%
13,933,864 vg$ 3,895 0 1%
29,296,939 vg$ 2,885 0 1%

How can the every console/handheld sell below what they are now

massive adjustments?^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

LOL weird?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

It's because of two things.

First of all the hardware was capped at 1 million, so the first few people voting may have put proper predictions, but they were invalid according to the program or whatever that does it, setting them all to exactly 1 million.

Then some people assumed it meant for the week ending Jan 3rd rather than the LTD on Jan 3rd.... some of them perhaps due to the low averages displayed when others predictions were set to 1 million.

The average shown therefore includes the real predictions, but also some that are drastically low which pull the average down.

kirby007 said:

This really made me laugh

LTD Worldwide Chart, 03rd January 2009

Item Average Bets Actual Accuracy
64,309,467 vg$ 4,190 0 1%
29,761,857 vg$ 3,820 0 1%
16,896,442 vg$ 3,495 0 1%
13,933,864 vg$ 3,895 0 1%
29,296,939 vg$ 2,885 0 1%

How can the every console/handheld sell below what they are now

massive adjustments?^^

Maybe because economical crisis is suppose to worsen the next year.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

TWRoO said:

First of all the hardware was capped at 1 million, so the first few people voting may have put proper predictions, but they were invalid according to the program or whatever that does it, setting them all to exactly 1 million.

Then some people assumed it meant for the week ending Jan 3rd rather than the LTD on Jan 3rd.... some of them perhaps due to the low averages displayed when others predictions were set to 1 million.

The average shown therefore includes the real predictions, but also some that are drastically low which pull the average down.

true, I wonder if it will affect the payout for the normal predictions much.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
TWRoO said:

It should mean those of us with decent predictions get more money.... so shhhh!

TWRoO said:
kirby007 said:
TWRoO said:

It should mean those of us with decent predictions get more money.... so shhhh!

TWRoO you are correct all the way around. However, those who voted 1m and fail to respond to me will be put at either 1/2 or 2x the reasonable expected value. This will cause the average to come more in line with a reasonable estimate, while making them lose everything with 0% accuracy

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)