By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band 2 drums vs. Gutar Hero World Tour drums

I have tried both sets of drums now from these 2 recent releases and here are my thoughts.

The Rock Band 2 drums have the same feel as the original Rock Band drums.   They are a bit quieter than the originals and have a steel reinforcment pad for the kick pedal, they are wireless and you have an option of adding crash cymbals to the set.  They register all my notes perfectly and I'm very satisfied with them and I'd give them a 9/10 only because i though they should have included crashes by default.

The Guitar Hero: World Tour have 3 pads and 2 crash cymbals by default and they are also wireless.  The kick pedal is made of plastic only, but it looks really sturdy, but when your foot is pressed down on it, it's not as flat as it would be on the Rock Band kick pedal and the up/down motion is smaller.  I had the kick pedal on a flat surface and it didnt stay in place as it should, half way through a song I had to adjust my drum set to be closer to the pedal.  The pads and crash cymbals registered all my notes when i hit them individually but when I was hitting the Red (left) pad along with another crash or pad the red pad would register only about a third of the time making it very frustrating.  My timing is always pretty good but this made it near impossible to play the drums on medium and higher.  For those reasons I'd only give this set a 2/10.

Let me know what you guys prefer for drums and if you've had the same frustrations with the GH drums or if there's something different i should try when playing with them

Around the Network

I have both. I had no issues with the GH:WT kit. IMO, the GH:WT kit is far superior. Just about everything is better, from rebound to ergonomics. I even like the pedal better because my feet naturally are at an angle. The RB2 pedal drives me crazy because you only have 2 choices for distance and I have longish legs compared to my torso.