By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music videos thread - Share your creations!

For this next one, I dropped John Lennon's Woman to its slowest tempo and played the parts in quadruple time.

Around the Network

I was watching the Godfather on DVD the other day, and I thought it would be neat to do a Godfather Waltz sort of thing.

Using the song "Troika" as a starting point, I recorded a cowbell part playing quarter note triplets to lay down a click track in 6/8 meter.  Here is the final product (sans cowbell, of course):

The above video was, to me, vaguely reminiscent of "My Favorite Things" as done by John Coltrane.  I upped the tempo and added different instrumentation to come up with this:

I take great exception to any comment about Wii Music lacking depth.

RCTjunkie asked me to upload a couple of his videos.

Carmen:

Yankee Doodle:

I really liked the jawharp and cowbell in the Hillbilly Carmen.

@Alasted

Your Troika does, indeed, sound very much like Coltrane's rendition of My Favorite Things; when you first sent it to me, I kept thinking that it reminded me of something in particular, and only now that I see your comment here does it fall into place. If only My Favorite Things were part of the game's tracklist... even though it's not necessarily a Christmas song, that is one of a small number of jazz pieces, along with everything Guaraldi, that I've always listened to around this time of year.

Thank you DrJay! It's so cool so see my vids on thos site! :)

Around the Network

@DrJay & RCTjunkie
Good job, guys! I look forward to watching more videos from you both.

@warioswoods
You, sir, have good taste in music :)

In honor of the Holiday season, I made a special remix of Jingle Bell Rock featuring Mii Santa and Reindeer:

Wow, a lot of comments happened while I was away!

Sorry, been busy with finals and all that. Back to school for my last semester of college...

I've checked out a few of the vids here (liked the slowed down Animal Crossing one!) but don't have time to look at them all.

I was wondering if there was anyone who was still interested/willing to help me capture some of my favorite vids I've made so I can put them on the internet and show my readers the flexibility of Wii Music.

Seriously, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone was interested. Please send me a PM or e-mail me at Eddy . Fettig @ Houghton.edu (only without the spaces).

Oh my goodness!  It's been so long since I've last posted any videos at all.  I have finally gotten off my shiftless butt and clicked that darned "Upload" button.

I have three videos this time around.  I think the Animal Crossing theme has a beautiful melody, so I decided to create different variations of the song.

First, with a trumpet lead:

Next up, a flute and piano duo:

Finally, my personal favorite of the vids, a sort of hillbilly banjo rendition:

Here's a quick, fun one.

In my younger days, I actually had an interest in professional wrestling (Million Dollar Man, FTW!).  In this vid, I took "Sakura Sakura" and tried to fake a WCW Bill Goldberg theme feel.

And yes, I realize that the Miis don't really match the song; I just used what few pro-wrestling related Miis I did have.