By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music videos thread - Share your creations!

I have some videos online. Sadly, I don't have a capture card so you guys have to deal with shaky cam footage...

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star: The Bell Chorus Version

Happy Birthday to You: The 8-bit version:

O Christmas Tree (Read the description for the full story behind this remix):

Around the Network

Nice work, pap64.

I love the Um Jammer Lammy Mii.

Jingle Bell Rock

I spent so many hours playing with that song to no avail, then this arrangement suddenly came out of nowhere and was recorded in an almost unbroken session.  It always seems to work that way; hours of frustration followed by a sudden flash of insight.

One problem I have is that I'm so tied to that moment of inspiration that I don't want to go back later and rerecord anything, so my videos are always a little rough around the edges.  When I've tried rerecording, though, it always felt like I was just aping what I had done naturally the first time I came up with a part.  More precise, perhaps, but less interesting.

Thoughts?  I'm curious how others here tend to work with this game.

warioswoods, that's very very nice indeed! Love it :)

warioswoods said:

Jingle Bell Rock

I spent so many hours playing with that song to no avail, then this arrangement suddenly came out of nowhere and was recorded in an almost unbroken session.  It always seems to work that way; hours of frustration followed by a sudden flash of insight.

One problem I have is that I'm so tied to that moment of inspiration that I don't want to go back later and rerecord anything, so my videos are always a little rough around the edges.  When I've tried rerecording, though, it always felt like I was just aping what I had done naturally the first time I came up with a part.  More precise, perhaps, but less interesting.

Thoughts?  I'm curious how others here tend to work with this game.

I usually try to start with a concept of what I want the final product to be.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't.

I like to lay down the drum kit part first, sometimes with a cowbell in the other percussion slot to cue me in to any transitions.  I'm not a drummer, so I typically play the drums at a slower tempo, and then speed up the song for the subsequent parts.  I'm trying to add a jazz drum part to your Jingle Bell Rock video at its current tempo, but it's a little tricky for me (I'll get it eventually!).

I also share your reticence to rerecord your parts.  Sometimes a less-than-perfect part has a certain magic that's impossible to recreate; other times--especially with the drums--I just tell myself, "dammit, that's as good as it's gonna get." :)

On a side note, my K.K. Blues video is actually a re-do; only after finishing the first video did the idea of the half-time ending come to me.

Around the Network

Wii Music Tips:

Here are some videos maade by the developers of Wii Music:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wii_music/vol3_page4.jsp

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wii_music/staffclips.jsp

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@warioswoods - that was really, really, really nice. One of the better Wii Music songs i've heard in a while.

This is invisible text!

@celine

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wii_music/vol3_page4.jsp "

Wow, thank you for pointing the way to that link with staff recordings -- seeing Miyamoto's rendition of the Mario theme made my day.  It's amazing to think that he is telling the truth when he says that he can't wait to get home and try new things out in this game, unlike his other releases where he apparently doesn't continue to play all that much once it's out of production and released to the public.

I've added jazz drums to wariowoods' Jingle Bell Rock video.  You may notice that I didn't use my Alasted Mii for this one.

And here's me using my Jamie Hyneman Mii for another Wii Music video that warioswoods sent me.

Here are some more Wii Music collaboration videos--this time with YouTuber GiobbiT.  For those of you who don't know, GiobbiT specializes in creating original melodies from the existing Wii Music songs.  Check out his YouTube channel if you're so inclined: http://www.youtube.com/GiobbiT

I've made two different takes based around Giobbi's excellent flute work from his Yankee Doodle video.

Take 1:

Take 2: