By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Minute. Cassamasina asks about hardcore games

Then we can assume that FE: Radiant Dawn is the most hardcore game ever made, and SHOCK it's being made by Nintendo. Lol such a faulty logic used by a troll.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

@LNRT
Too true. As far as difficulty is concerned, MGS4 is a massive downgrade from the original Metal Gear. Games have become more and more accessible over the years, as they should. And if MGS was so "HARDCORE"(god, im beginning to hate the term) ,why even give the players a chance to wuss out and play on easier levels( which 90% of them do)?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

BringBackChrono said:
@LNRT
Too true. As far as difficulty is concerned, MGS4 is a massive downgrade from the original Metal Gear. Games have become more and more accessible over the years, as they should. And if MGS was so "HARDCORE"(god, im beginning to hate the term) ,why even give the players a chance to wuss out and play on easier levels( which 90% of them do)?

care to explain bolded?

DTG said:
Soriku said:
DTG said:
The fact is Zelda, Mario etc are no longer hardcore because they have become more EASIER than past games of the series

Galaxy is uber hard sometimes. Though I doubt you even played it.

Oh, and I can spin too. Zelda is much longer than MGS...Zelda is more hardcore!

@Jo21

lol

@lolita

Soriku approves.

What matters is difficulty not length. MGS on extreme is way more difficult than anything from Nintendo. Also Zelda MM was harder than any zelda since and mario sunshine was harder than any mario since. Echoes was harder than MP3. and on and on and on... Nintendo has gone soft and therefore not hardcore.

Despite the fact tat no one takes you seriously anymore....

...You can't be serious, Galaxy is a lot harder than SM64 that's for sure, LoZ:TP is certainly more difficult than Windwaker (though I still prefer Windwaker) and is more difficult than anything in Ocarina of Time with the exception of finding the Golden Skultula, which was more tedious than difficult really

And while I can't speak for your holyness, Metal Gear Solid, of the games I have played on the PS2 and PS1, Xbox and X360 (haven't played any PS3 games) I can say they are mostly easier than the Nintendo staples.

I'd challenge you to get all gold/platinum on Wii Sports for instance, probably a game you hate without having experienced it for more than a few minutes if at all... but it's harder than most games I know if you want to complete it 100%.

don't you guys get it yet, DTG is a joke account.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

With video games becoming a mainstream entertainment media, it was only proper and economically logical to make games with a somewhat wider appeal than before.
that appeal can sometimes take the form a reduction in difficulty. Trust me, Metal Gear is harder than MGS games, and Bionic Commando wont be as hard as the NES classic. SMB too is the hardest Mario game there is, and not SMS.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

DTG said:
BringBackChrono said:
@LNRT

care to explain bolded?

Because the industry would shrivel and die if it did not continue to expand. eventually people who enjoy gaming will either grow bored, or die off an reduce the potential pool of consumers. In order to keep the market healthy, and video game production a viable means of earning money you must constantly attract new people and get them to buy your games thus insuring the longevity of the industry. Pretty basic stuff really.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

johnsobas said:
don't you guys get it yet, DTG is a joke account.

Back to the drawing board for the theory of evolution I guess.

tarheel91 said:
Jo21 said:
oh yes punch out and sin and punishment are so hardcore >_o... not.

Have fun not being taken seriously by anyone on this site ever again.

He already has been having that kind of fun for a long time now.

@Faxanadu's response to DTG: Hell Oh Hell.

Nintendo doesn't talk about hardcore vs casual but about core vs expanded.

Core games are more traditional games that were the bread and butter of past consoles.

Expanded audience games are games that try to attract new gamers (brain training/Wii series...) especially more mature persons and females (or both) and lapsed gamers (New Super Mario Bros) that stopped playing because there weren't [m]any core games geared toward them anymore as they were being replaced by new types of games or games that had evolved in directions they didn't like.

You might disagree with these definitions but it doesn't change that it is how Nintendo views the industry and thus how they talk about it.

@DTG: according to your definition of hardcore (difficulty) the MGS is casual as it is piss poor easy compared to the higher difficulty modes of the Fire Emblem series so stop playing this kiddy series and start playing a real man's game: Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn. It is so hardcore that some reviewers complained that it was too harcore (taking away points because of its hardcoreness).

@JohnSobas: As with crazzyman and others of their ilk we know there is a joke but we don't know for sureif the joke is the account or the poster. Plus saying it is a joke account is another way of saying he is trolling.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Well, i don't think people should use 'Hardcore' and 'Casual' to separate gamers from gamers.
These words make so much of trouble.