By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space is Definitely This Year's BioShock

I just finished Dead Space a few minutes ago, and I must say the whole experience was pretty awesome! I had some BioShock vibes playing that game, meaning it was disturbing and it brought a lot of new things to their own genres.

The atmosphere was always top-notch. You really felt that you were alone somewhere in space, and you always wanted your team to succeed getting the hell out of there, but then other things happen and you're just feeling more bad about the whole situation! The scary music always appeared at the good time too, and I have to admit I jumped a few times (I think everyone would jump at one certain part... hehe!). It's not that the game was scary, it was mostly a disturbing experience. The final part of the game is epic by the way. That's it, one word to describe the game is ''epic'' from the beginning to the end (Dead Space got the ending part right, unlike BioShock, which left a bad taste in my mouth...).

Then, this game screams ''innovation!'' You have the attention to details everywhere in the game. There's basically no HUD in the game, and your health bar is right on your guy's back. I also thought it was an excellent idea to never make the game stop by having interactive menus and all. I see a certain developer decided to take this idea for their next game (*coughCapcomandResidentEvil5cough*)...! Also, talking about Capcom, what I always hated with their walk engine in Resident Evil 4 is that you couldn't strafe left or right with your character. Finally, EA got that right, and it WORKS for that kind of horror/bullet-saving gameplay. Oh yeah, and I found the zero-gravity parts amazing. The puzzles in them we're well done, and they made it so you could barely hear anything (like it normally would be, I guess). There are way more things I could talk about the game, but it's best if you experience it all yourself! ;)

There can only be one of these amazing new IPs a year, and I definitely give this one the title this year. Good job EA, and let's hope Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 will be as satisfying. They're back people! ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

This year's Bioshock will be Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason. It has an amazing hook to it.

Ea is back? Never!

Haze is definitely this years Bioshock!

I'm only a few hours in, but I agree it's awesome. and more intense than I expected.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I'm picking this game up for sure! My main gripe: I hate the main character's space suit. Are any of the downloadable suits any better?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I'm picking this game up for sure! My main gripe: I hate the main character's space suit. Are any of the downloadable suits any better?

No idea about the DLC suits on the console version, but you eventually get another suit after completing the game. I'm sure you get other ones when you complete a harder difficulty level too.

Your ''engineer'' suit looks a lot better near the end though. I found it suits the environments, and like someone said before, he even looks like a Big Daddy! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!