By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best World of Goo tower

What is your tallest tower in the World of Goo corporation.

I only have 136 goo balls as I have the free trial version so I can only access chapter 1, but I managed to get to 22.5m which was 13th in the world (not sure whether that is only current users or all time, I suspect it means whoever is online at the time)

I then ruined messed that up and unbalanced it, but I managed to undo the top few goo balls and save the main part of the tower, and now have a stable tower at 22.3m (22nd in the world I think) although I have no more balls to add, especially considering I have pulled out a number of holes in the middle of my tower just to get this high.

Around the Network

Nobody?

Also where is this leaderboard it mentions when you finish a level?

I'm still working on mine haha. Still got to get more goos haha. Haven't finished Chap 2 yet but got about 156 so far.

Zucas said:
I'm still working on mine haha. Still got to get more goos haha. Haven't finished Chap 2 yet but got about 156 so far.

Some of this, lol ^^^^^

I just got it yesterday, i got to share it with my kids so its gonna take me longer. =(

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

i got world of goo two days ago and holy crap its good. its better and longer than a lot of high rated current gen games.

anyway, my tower is currently at i think 19 or 20 meters but it is very stable. i've used 192 balls. earlier i had 21 meters with 152 balls but that fell. i'm currently towards the end of chapter 4. i've only gone back and replayed 2 or 3 levels so far for more balls.

i was building it with a pyramid-like base but this time i switched to a two towers-style base so it's wider further up with a huge gap near the base in the center so its more stable with less balls.

also, how can you see where you are ranked in the world? and does anybody know if you actually get something for building to a certain height?

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

^It gives a ranking in the top right, but I suspect it is only for towers still standing, or people online currently because i'm pretty sure I didn't get to 13th place with only the free demo (and thus access to less than half the possible balls (only 300 allowed in the room)

My best structure that got me to 13th, and is still standing, is more of an amorphous pyramid with chunks taken out. I tried the neat methods of a dual-tower with cental supports, and a pyramid, and various ways of building thicker singular towers, but the way the goo moves and the fact you can't directly choose which bit to go to sometimes means that neat isn't an option because you can't get neat enough.

So like I said, current one was made on-the-fly, then when I ran out I selected as many balls as I could from the lower structure that wouldn't lose it too much strength.

Well, mine is currently 18.5 meters or something, but I was at 23 point something meters once, but that tower didn't stand, I just built that high and it fell.

I have 200 and something goo balls, but I haven't managed to use them all. I haven't bought the entire game, so I suspect the demo I downloaded may have been a pirated version with everything in it or something (I was shocked when I found out I had the entire game).

BTW - my 23 meter was only ranked 28th, so maybe yours is only opposed to free trial users?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Well, mine is currently 18.5 meters or something, but I was at 23 point something meters once, but that tower didn't stand, I just built that high and it fell.

I have 200 and something goo balls, but I haven't managed to use them all. I haven't bought the entire game, so I suspect the demo I downloaded may have been a pirated version with everything in it or something (I was shocked when I found out I had the entire game).

BTW - my 23 meter was only ranked 28th, so maybe yours is only opposed to free trial users?

I think it only ranks those who are online at the time
The lowest ranks me at 37000+ (when it's a single triangle)... so is it feasable that many people are online at once?.... if that doesn't seem right, then it could be based on any towers still standing, which means people will have built taller towers than mine, but they fell over eventually.

Also it can take some time to register which rank your tower is, so if yours wasn't at 23 meters for very long it might have been the rank for the height you were before.

TWRoO said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

I think it only ranks those who are online at the time
The lowest ranks me at 37000+ (when it's a single triangle)... so is it feasable that many people are online at once?.... if that doesn't seem right, then it could be based on any towers still standing, which means people will have built taller towers than mine, but they fell over eventually.

Also it can take some time to register which rank your tower is, so if yours wasn't at 23 meters for very long it might have been the rank for the height you were before.

It's odd I agree. But I guess it is against any standing tower.

BTW, I think the world record is 28 meters. At least there was a cloud with some Japanese name at 28.3M I think.

Okay, I bugged the game.

I managed to build a 23.5M high tower, but ran out of gooballs, so I had to take out some on the bottom. This cause my tower to fall, but what? Whereas the middle had now fell, the top was still there. With no connection to the ground. So I built from there, and up to 28.5M. That's 11th place WW atm.