By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX 360 Pro + WiFi + 1Years Live + No RROD = FTW.

Instead of aggresive price cutting why don't MS increase the XBOX 360's value for money ? . i'd much rather have an all inclusive XBOX 360 with a decent price point than a cheap XBOX 360 which i'll eventualy have to pay more than the cost of a PS3 for . it''s one of the main things putting me off the 360 in order to use it conveniently i'd have to spend near the cost of a new PS3.

What are your thoughts ?

Around the Network

all the stuff you mentioned above sounds like a PS3 :), but anyway I think their bundles are decent this year but nothing will ever cure that RROD

They'll probably introduce the slim model with Wifi so with Jasper, thats 2 out of 3 wishes granted.

Tease.

Million said:

Instead of aggresive price cutting why don't MS increase the XBOX 360's value for money ? . i'd much rather have an all inclusive XBOX 360 with a decent price point than a cheap XBOX 360 which i'll eventualy have to pay more than the cost of a PS3 for . it''s one of the main things putting me off the 360 in order to use it conveniently i'd have to spend near the cost of a new PS3.

What are your thoughts ?

Who need a f*cking wifi on a console ? Players use cables network, the speed on XBLA is excellent (I can download gigas of games and content in minutes, why would I waste that on wifi ??). Stop taking that as a pricing criteria.

It is also wrong to count the price of XBLA to the initial console cost -> We are paying for a service, not a plateform.

I find this message biased (but again, it is not the first time such comparaison is made on this forum).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I like their pricing model. The fact you can get cheap 20 gig hard drives makes the arcade a very good buy.

Otherwise, there are obviously people that think like you and would like xbox to be more..."pimped out".

I figure that MS knows that they can't compete with PS3 when it comes to "pimping out" (due to bluray) so they are getting them on the price.

Around the Network

wifi is garbage

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Well i'd rather have a wired connection but that's just not possible for me . If you don't like a better valued XBOX 360 then you have no obligation to post in this thread i was just stating that i'd prefer a XBOX 360 with better value for money as opposed to a low price point .

Million said:
Well i'd rather have a wired connection but that's just not possible for me . If you don't like a better valued XBOX 360 then you have no obligation to post in this thread i was just stating that i'd prefer a XBOX 360 with better value for money as opposed to a low price point .

Calm down buddy, I'm not attacking you.

This is just that the way you compared both packages is recurrent and wrong.

PS3 and 360 are two different offers / approach, it can't be compared in that way:

- PS3 has more of a classic media upgrade approach with the BR

- 360 is a classic plateform but is pushed with more agressive online presence and content

(Financialy speaking I mean).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

MrBubbles said:
wifi is garbage

Not when you have a 3 story house and the Xbox 360 in the leisure room in the basement, and the modem/router on the top floor with the computer.

Not when you own a laptop.

Not when you don't want to drill holes all over the house or have cables running around the house.

I think Wi-fi is amazing. Even for gaming, I experience absolutely no lag/breaks or even disconnections. Once you set it up perfectly, it's awesome as heck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Million said:

What are your thoughts ?

This is were you are wrong, maybe for you is a bad deal, but not everyone will use live, or wifi, not evryone has the total cost of the PS3 to get a 360 + add ons, the small success of MS is price point + games, not features...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."