By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP 3000 will outsell DSi this holiday season

no

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
no

I have to say this is not nice!

Both will fall under PSP and DS (not PSP 3000 or DSi) in sell figures. DS is a monster around the world, even though I don't fully classify DS has a "kids toy", more parents will get their kids DS for Christmas then PSP.

But DSi will only be released in Japan so you are only talking about Japan holiday season right?

Well judging from what has been said by many sites the Screen seems to actually be a downgrade. As for the DSI you forgot to mention the increased screen size, new internet browser, SD support, and downloadable games. I would say the DSI' upgrade is actually larger than the PSP 3000's. As Like others said though the DSI is only going to be released in Japan this christmas.

Well considering the DSi will be out only in Japan by Xmas and the DSi will be worldwide, I'd assume it would outsell it in total sales.

But overall, I'd say the DSi is a greater improvement then the PSP3000 imo.

Around the Network

wait isnt the screen a downgrade from th psp 2000

11ht11 said:
wait isnt the screen a downgrade from th psp 2000

Not really... the colours are a lot better, but the scan lines are supposedly a bit more noticable.

I imagine (haven't seen myself) that I personally wouldn't notice any problems with the scanlines... but then I can't see any significant difference between SD and HD tv. I do wonder why some people are saying these scan lines on the PSP screen are unnoticable when the same people claim they see huge differences in HD tv over SD, I mean with TVs you are even further away from the screen than a PSP, so 3 extra pixels in the same space shouldn't be as noticable as lines across the screen.... However like I said, I, and most people, won't notice the difference.