By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OXM gives Gears of War 2 9/10

9/10 is a great score.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Paul_Warren said:
Epic Fail. It means that for some reason it is just not as good as the first one or Fallout 3 which they gave a 10. I guess they couldn't meet their lofty expectations. If Resistance 2 gets better review scores MS and the 360 are over and out.

After reading this I can conclude that I am much smarter than you. I am willing to take a test to prove it...

win

Paul_Warren said:
Epic Fail. It means that for some reason it is just not as good as the first one or Fallout 3 which they gave a 10. I guess they couldn't meet their lofty expectations. If Resistance 2 gets better review scores MS and the 360 are over and out.

OXM US gave the first one a 10, OXM UK gave the first one a 9 which is the same score they gave the second one. Try reading the article first, you're making ps3 fanboys look worse.

Resistance already got a 9/10 from the OPM. So as of now, they are about equal.

(And I think we won't be seeing many 10/10 anymore after GTAIV. Look at what happened to Fable 2. I think only games that change the gaming world like LBP or massive games like MGS4 (I mean seriously, the game was nearly perfect) will be getting 10's anymore.  If Gears 2 or Fable 2 or Resistance 2 were released in 06 they would all get 10/10)

Agree with Jandre

Around the Network

I just noticed your talking about OXM UK

Hell Yeah! 1st day buy.

"9 out of 10 is impressive....but we knew this game woul be impressive anyway"

Yeah right. This is the kind of crowd that says a review score of 6 is impressive as long as its on a game they worship.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
"9 out of 10 is impressive....but we knew this game woul be impressive anyway"

Yeah right. This is the kind of crowd that says a review score of 6 is impressive as long as its on a game they worship.

you don't make any sense. go back to the sony forums with your fellow sony fanboys or do the world a favor and euthanize yourself.

deathgod33 said:
if it gets a 9/10 from OXM then thats a bad sign. OXM is supposed to give the overhyped games 2 ratings higher then what it deserves. so its actualy like a 7/10 now.

maybe that's how it is with OPM, or nintendo power, but OXM is different. They gave crackdown a 7. WTF.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive