By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who got far cry 2?

I mean, reviews are one thing, but I was wondering if anybody who bought the game had any personal opinions about this game because it looks interesting

Around the Network

Rather disappointing really, after having had my fill of exploring and fighting monsters in oblivion, doing this in Far Cry feels stale and pointless, the general feel is you have these missions and everything in between is nothing but a hassle, and then you realize it's all a hassle. It's great a game and a great effort don't get me wrong but the pacing is shot to hell, and there is no real story, it very quickly becomes predictable, and you get a good sense of pretty much everything the game has to offer pretty early on.

Thus I prefer the original far cry, which although was far more linear was a more engaging and consistent experience, a thrill ride, this game feels like you're running errands, and you never feel like in you're in the thick of it, everything feels like it's a sidetrack to the actual game that never really comes. It is thus nothing more than a map with missions on it, which never really tie together in any meaningful way and always feel repetitive and dull. Still a good game though and a must play.

Also pretty much nothing that you do changes anything, if you clear a camp, walk a hundred feet and come back everything respawns, none of the missions change the game world and most of your actions basically have no consequences in the long run so actualy figthing in anything but the main missions is completely pointless, except for the safe houses, but I never use those since I just quick save. But that's all nit picking, the rest of the game is pretty solid and the shooting is some of the best ever and very realistic.