By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sticking to PS3

Not too long ago I talked about how I got a PS3 and stuck with it.

The same month I beat MGS4 a couple times (2) and returned everything. Then I start going nuts, having withdrawls of me playing as an old man with a mustache cutting peoples necks.

The biggest flaw of all (IMHO) is the price of LIVE - call me cheap but $100 dollars a year can go to  2 used games. Don't get why the top software company out there has to charge for severs anyways.. just wondering. Enlighten me, I dont' want to sound too much like a fanboy - I mean I can have opinions and not be one, right ?

It was hard letting go of the 360 considering Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 - man... haha.

Anyways - anyone else defect to PS3 ? And if so, why ?

Understanding is the key.

Around the Network

so did you buy another PS3?cause it seems you sold your last PS3.

Weebs said:

The biggest flaw of all (IMHO) is the price of LIVE - call me cheap but $100 dollars a year can go to  2 used games.

That price can also go towards 2 1/2 years of Live. Maybe your single $100 year was special though.

To answer the larger question at hand, I don't defect to different consoles. I buy one, and eventually start grabbing more as time goes on. I haven't defected since I was a kid and turned in my SNES and a bunch of games in for a Playstation, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Mortal Kombat Mythologies. Not my best decision at first, but eventually my tastes got more refined as my next pickup was Resident Evil 2.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I returned it to Target - I don't know how I got away with it - they accepted it - I also returned my Xbox 360 Elite and it was a big hassle but man - I got an extra $50 because they took so long to return it.

You should have seen the expression on the 17 year old girls face that went to

"YOU CANT RETURN IT, SORRY THE BAR CODE DOESN'T MATCH UP WITH THE SYSTEM"

>:O pissed off

to her talking on customer support to override the return system

"But... but... I don't understand why we have to do.... okay.... ok..."

:'( sad

Onyxmeth said:
Weebs said:

The biggest flaw of all (IMHO) is the price of LIVE - call me cheap but $100 dollars a year can go to  2 used games.

That price can also go towards 2 1/2 years of Live. Maybe your single $100 year was special though.

To answer the larger question at hand, I don't defect to different consoles. I buy one, and eventually start grabbing more as time goes on. I haven't defected since I was a kid and turned in my SNES and a bunch of games in for a Playstation, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Mortal Kombat Mythologies. Not my best decision at first, but eventually my tastes got more refined as my next pickup was Resident Evil 2.

Ah yea - the sega and nintendo wars had me working on both sides.. damn

I guess if you buy in bulk on the 360 subscription plan you save more (makes sense) maybe I made a foolish mistake buying so cheaply bit nevertheless...

Yea the CELL.. the cell hypnotises me

Around the Network

So you mean you have no console at the moment?

Sorry let me rephrase that

I bought a refurbished 360 awhile ago

I am planning on selling that

I also worked to get a PS3 for free (played it, and returned it to Target after MGS4 was beaten)

I got an elite for the hell of it (one for my actual home and the other one for my dorm)

I returned the elite and bought my friend's 80gb ps3 for $440 (with mgs4 !)

Ebayed and won LBP and will be wasting my whole friday on it :D

Anyways - if you have a gamer tag let me know - I'll message you

On a side note... has there been a firmware release where I can play my music in games ? (thats called XML, right ?)

PS3 for free? DOES WANT!

haha I built a website to get it - I was a nice underhanded and shady deal

dont tell anyone.

^^^yea,,,but it's up to developers to use it,,,,LBP has that feature among other games.

now you can access XMB in game.

congrats anyways,,,,you will have a lot of fun this holiday and the upcoming year(09),,,don't forget Motorstorm 2.