By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Far Cry II has 3.5gb install on ps3

Spankey said:
Simulacrum said:
This again REALLY SUCKS!

I don't see why.

If installed games are removed when not in use, the space will be available.

The guy in the OP article said it takes only 4 minutes or so to install. 

Sure it's a pain having to wait those minutes, but if you're going to spend hours on a game what's a few minutes to install it?

While the 360 is mostly immune from this, imagine our poor PC gaming counterparts who have to wait for World of Conan to install it's 30 GB.

I suppose the point would be full game installs on PC are the standard, whereas playing off optical media prior to the PS3 used to be the console standard.

It's still not the big deal PS3 detractors want to make it. The console has a built in HDD for a reason, which is easily upgradable for anyone who knows how to buy a larger 2.5" HDD and use a screwdriver.

Spot on about AoC. That install was freaking painful. I lost count of how many updates/failed start ups took place before I was actually able to log on for the first time. It literally took hours of combined effort.

For the life of me, I don't know why that game is still sucking up 30GB of my HDD space since I stopped playing months ago.

Around the Network

So?

epinefridis said:
SpartanFX said:

actually 360 with no installs (according to IGN) has crazy pop ins at times,,,,,so this install might take care of that.

This is the first time i m happy about an install.

According to IGN...

According to you mate? Oh, I forgot, you never saw the game on 360. I'm halfway to the end of the game, and no noticeable pop in here dude. Try again.

I'm sorry, but i'm playing the Xbox360 version right now and it has some of the worst pop ups i've ever seen in a game.

Everything from texture details, hiQ shadows and foliage pops in like 10 feet in front of you. I dunno how the PS3 version is as i haven't seen it yet, but the pop ups are extreme on Xbox360. Of course, it's not game breaking or anything, the framerate is very good and the overall look of the game is impressive, however, the install on PS3 should help the pop up issue. 

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"