By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Far Cry II has 3.5gb install on ps3

http://www.vgtilt.com/2008/10/far-cry-is-in-my-hands.html

Around the Network

you really need to read this.

Substance. Content is king. Threads lacking content can and will be locked. Some tips to keep you and your posts out of trouble:
Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to, or better yet, comment on how Mario has influenced pop culture. This way, it's not just a link and run. Remember: the reader's interest is not only in the link, its in what you have to say about it, how you make sense of what would otherwise be a blind link (and a subsequent poor thread). The only exception to this rule is for game patches - bearing in mind rule 2, go ahead and get that link posted as fast as possible.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

(I count about 15 just links posted in your recent posting history just on the first page)

3.5 GB install do you think thats good or bad, matt247?
Personally I think it's reasonable considering GT5: P is over 5GB.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

It's not going to prevent me from playing it. I upgraded to 160gb months ago.

This again REALLY SUCKS!

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:
This again REALLY SUCKS!

I don't see why.

If installed games are removed when not in use, the space will be available.

The guy in the OP article said it takes only 4 minutes or so to install. 

Sure it's a pain having to wait those minutes, but if you're going to spend hours on a game what's a few minutes to install it?

While the 360 is mostly immune from this, imagine our poor PC gaming counterparts who have to wait for World of Conan to install it's 30 GB.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

actually 360 with no installs (according to IGN) has crazy pop ins at times,,,,,so this install might take care of that.

This is the first time i m happy about an install.

It sucks coz I dont have space on Ps3.
And when it comes to Pc, you have like 160gb hardware.

Take my love, take my land..

i have 320gb ps3.. i dont mind.

Check out my game about moles ^

Lol, that's how much the entire PC install is, so bassically that's the whole game right there!

Edit: it's acutaly 3.15 gigabytes, so it's even less, and also has far better graphics,textures etc.