By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 80+ games(metacritic)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/ Xbox 360 120 80+

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/  PS3 78 80+

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/ Wii 35 80+

just interesting to me your thoughts?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

X360 in front because of the early release, wii behind because of lacking games the reviewers like and Ps3 in midle cause has games the reviwers like, but not enough games out to get close to x360. In the end of the gen x360~ps3, cause the majority of the new games are multiplat, so the trend would be to get more or less the 80+. The difference would be the exclusives and that´s just a shot in the dark.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

It's sad to see the Wii lagging behind and the PS3 has some catching up to do as well. The big problem with the 360's library is the fact that it doesn't compliment PC gaming very well. Overall this is a pretty weak console generation so far, hopefully the holiday season releases put everything back on track.

I think it's amazing how well the wii's attach rate is considering the lower amount of A games.

jlauro said:
I think it's amazing how well the wii's attach rate is considering the lower amount of A games.

Yeah me 2

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
bouzane said:
It's sad to see the Wii lagging behind and the PS3 has some catching up to do as well. The big problem with the 360's library is the fact that it doesn't compliment PC gaming very well. Overall this is a pretty weak console generation so far, hopefully the holiday season releases put everything back on track.

Woah, speak for yourself!  I am completely happy with this gen and I totally disagree that the 360 doesn't compliment the PC.

I'd be surprised if the PS3 catches up, NOT because I think it's any less of a system, but just because I think the total number of exclusives to each of the two HD consoles is going down, therefore limiting the number that could close the gap.  

I am very surprised at the Wii though.  I haven't made the Wii purchase yet, but I would have assumed from the amount of sales that it would have a reasonably strong library by now.

The PS3 has the biggest percentage of 80+ games. Good.

Not that it matters much, anyway. Some of those scores are perfect examples of how broken the scoring system is.

TRios_Zen said:
bouzane said:

Woah, speak for yourself! I am completely happy with this gen and I totally disagree that the 360 doesn't compliment the PC.

I'd be surprised if the PS3 catches up, NOT because I think it's any less of a system, but just because I think the total number of exclusives to each of the two HD consoles is going down, therefore limiting the number that could close the gap.

I am very surprised at the Wii though. I haven't made the Wii purchase yet, but I would have assumed from the amount of sales that it would have a reasonably strong library by now.

Sorry but I just don't see how the 360's game library would be more appealing to a PC gamer than those of the other current generation consoles. I haven't exactly scrutinized the 360's exclusive content in a while so I may be missing a few things.

(Using Gamerankings.com)

80% or higher games by platform and genre

XBox 360
Action: 42
Action-Adventure: 15
Adventure: 1
Driving: 10
Misc: 10
Role-Playing: 6
Simulations: 0
Sports: 27
Strategy: 3

PS3
Action: 25
Action-Adventure: 7
Adventure: 0
Driving: 6
Misc: 6
Role-Playing: 1
Sports: 19
Strategy: 3

Wii
Action: 10
Action-Adventure: 4
Adventure: 1
Driving: 1
Misc: 5
Role-Playing: 0
Sports: 7
Strategy: 0

There were several thoughts/observations I had when I was compiling this list:

1. The XBox 360 was out for a year longer than the other consoles and had 30 80+ games released in 2006 (compared with 5 for the PS3 and 3 for the Wii) and 10 in 2005.
  2. 80% is an arbitrary number and there were several games for all platforms (in most genres) that were just under 80%, as you loosened up the barrier it would (probably) translate into all systems' libraries seeming to improve dramatically.
  3. There are several PSN, XBox Live Arcade and Wiiware games on the list; due to their lower price these games are generally reviewed to a different standard than disc-based games.
  4. The Wii is plagued by "Non-Reviews" ...There are over 119 games with 20 or more reviews for the Wii, (a lot) more than 200 for the XBox 360, and 148 for the PS3. It is understandable that shovelware might not get reviewed, but when only 12 people have reviewed Tiger Woods 09 for the Wii compared to 37 for the XBox 360 and 29 for the PS3 it demonstrates that sites are not focusing much effort on Wii reviews.

my thoughts...only losers care about this kind of nonsense