By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 breaks 6 Xbox's already

Just a couple weeks from retail release (Nov 7), Gears 2 is apparently a bit more than your 360 can handle at the present time.  According to what APPEARS to be Cliffy B’s Twitter, “We’ve found the glitch. Turns out, GoW2 is so f*****g awesome it literally blows up the 360. Working on a day-one ‘less awesome’ patch.”

In earlier Tweets B alludes to the loss of 6 consoles in one day at Epic.  That’s one hell of a casualty rate. http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/10/gears-2-breaks-6-xboxs-at-epic-yesterday.html

Around the Network

that's actually a pretty funny spin.

i'm going to be getting an xbox360 soon. i heard that CoD has better multiplayer than GoW... which would you get?

EDIT: i wonder if some crazy Sony PR guy will say that the PS3 could handle all of GoW2's awesomeness.

Update: Important to note that we have no way of confirming the legitimacy of the Twitter account referenced in this piece. While the posts certainly seem quite convincing, several readers have expressed concern over whether the source is to be trusted. While tacking alleged on to all references to the source seems to indicate this in the story below, to avoid any misunderstanding, please read the twitter yourself and draw your own conclusions.

mtofu said:
that's actually a pretty funny spin.

i'm going to be getting an xbox360 soon. i heard that CoD has better multiplayer than GoW... which would you get?

both

haha =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Haha, they did it on purpose, I bet.

Most x360 warantees run out in November

OMG there will be total chaos when x360s break due to Gears 2 this Fall

people all over the world would be clamoring for reimbursement after their 3 year warantees of x360s run out

I guess Microsoft better release the Xbox 1080 soon (referring to that other awesuum thread... an inside)! o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

lwhatee said:

people all over the world would be clamoring for reimbursement after their 3 year warantees of x360s run out

Dead 360 + no warranty = new 360 purchase.

Gears or War 2 system seller status confirmed!

WiiStation360 said:
lwhatee said:

Dead 360 + no warranty = new 360 purchase.

Gears or War 2 system seller status confirmed!

ROFL

R

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)