By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soemthing Fishy about MetaCritics.com for multiplat titles(PS3/360)

I was just browsing and noticed something.

they seem to not add some of the high reviews from multilplatform review sites(i.e.Gamespot,giant bomb,gamePro,...) for PS3(they just add it for 360).

let's take a look at dead space:

PS3:

http://metacritics.com/games/platforms/ps3/deadspace

360:

http://metacritics.com/games/platfor...x360/deadspace

let's see what we are missing for the PS3(but are present in metacritics list for the 360 version):

GamePro:100/100
Giant Bomb:100/100
AtomicGamer:96/100
Gamer2.0:91/100
gamespot:90/100

I just wanna know why is that?why don't they add it to PS3 score list at the same time?those are multiplatform site that do one and put the score in both sections.

do they wanna manipulate the numbers?something is not right.

Around the Network

Maybe they're just slow?

Does metacritic have a reputation of being more towards a console? (apparently kotaku is 360-love all round?)

No ,,when xplay gave the game 80/100(another multiplat site)it was in both of them 1 hour later. but it just doesn't seem to be the case in high score reviews,,,,same happened to uncharted and metal gear solid 4. they skipped lots of high reviews for those games.

And have you calculated the scores with these additional reviews?

Is there no way to voice your complaint to them personally somehow?

^^^i don't think so,,,the average goes up from 89% to above 90.5%

Around the Network

Btw, I've checked the Gamepro and the giantbomb-reviews, and I can't find any PS3-based reviews for this game on their site.

That's probably why they didn't add those to metacritic.

^^^that could be it.

but

AtomicGamer:96/100
Gamer2.0:91/100

reviewed both with same score

@ kowenicki: that seems to be the case, and unless they specifically mention the score is for both versions, I doubt metacritic has to consider the review

(although it would be nice if they had the same number of reviews for each game, and not only English-based reviews...)

@ spartan: I can only find a xbox360-review on atomicgamer.  Link?

Actually, you might need to wonder why they have different listings for both platforms when there is hardly no difference between the 2 versions.

lol but i bet theres no mentioning about wich platform they tried it on on some of those scores as well.