By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One of the heroes in FF XIII is named... Snow. I am not making that up.

Xen said:
How is Cloud bad?

Snow, Cloud, Lightning - all crappy weather phenomenae, but at least Lightning can kill a person, which a bit more tough sounding than Cloud. Snow can give you frostbite too now that i think about it, but what's threatening about a little fluffy cloud?

If Snow is a bad name , then so is Cloud.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Are they doing a Japanese - English translation or is this like Cloud, English from the beginning? Yuki sounds better than Snow I guess... still girly though.

Personally I dont see how it's different than Cloud or Squall.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Snow, the new Cloud. FFXIII the new FFVII. Lol

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Spankey said:
Xen said:
How is Cloud bad?

Snow, Cloud, Lightning - all crappy weather phenomenae, but at least Lightning can kill a person, which a bit more tough sounding than Cloud. Snow can give you frostbite too now that i think about it, but what's threatening about a little fluffy cloud?

Cloud is an awesome name because it sounds awesome, no one really compares what a cloud is to the name Cloud.  Same thing with Link, it doesn't stand for linking someone to another website or linking a connection mentally or physically.  It's just how the name sounds. 

I would argue that Lightning is actually the worst name because it's too long instead of being short, sweet, and memorable.  Of course, that's not to say long names can't have their quality as Lightning is a pretty cool name after all.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network
Spankey said:
Xen said:
How is Cloud bad?

snow can be found in a blizzard and i dont know about you a blizzard can kill people! also clouds are what hold lightning storms and snow storms. so if you see cloud rolling in you know he is gonna bring some snow and lightning, depending on the season

oh and have you ever tried to drive in heavy fog? that shiz is dangerous, and of course fog is a cloud....a very dangerous cloud

edit: forgot to mention i like both snow and lightning as names, they are original.

No, Snow is no worse than Cloud.

You people act like these naming conventions in Final Fantasy games that aren't XII are somehow new.

Sounds like a cats name.

His parents are hippies. That's the only excuse I'm taking.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Khuutra said:
No, Snow is no worse than Cloud.

You people act like these naming conventions in Final Fantasy games that aren't XII are somehow new.

We know they aren't new. And we're entitled to have an opinion that it's worse. And unlike Cloud, this comes after dozens of weird names, and it's lost any sense of otherworldliness that Cloud had going for his name.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs