By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much hate? (MetaCritic)

So, I was browsing Fallout 3 on Metacritic, just to see what the current Votes are btween the 360, PC and PS3.

User Votes as of 10-21-08:

360 - 8.9/10 - 42 Votes

PC - 8.0/10 - 19 Votes

PS3 - 6.2/10 - 24 Votes

Ok, so why is the PS3 version so much worse than the 360.  I know it's fanboys doing this, but come on the game isn't even out yet, lol.  Plus it's the SAME exact game.

Then I decided to check out LBP score and:

MetaScore: 96 - User Votes: 2020 User Score: 6.2

OK, so then I checked out Fable II (yes I know, completely different games, but they came out the same time.)

MetaScore: 93 - User Votes: 787 = User Score: 8.9

Now I know not all the games come out to this figure, but what's with the user votes?  PS3 is getting mad hate =/

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

who cares for user votes anyway?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I do personally, because it's us the gamers that play the games.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

where are the reviewers for then?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

You can never 100% trust these review sites. They will always contradict your own opinion sometime

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
chaospluto said:
I do personally, because it's us the gamers that play the games.

It's actually just the fanboys in a pointless war rating things up and down.  I would be willing to bet that more than 80% on any user rating is either 1 or a 10.

I don't bother with user reviews for precisely that reason.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Shouldn't be a surprise, it was the same thing on this site when there were user ratings. I wanna say usually Sony came out on top over here tho.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jasonnc80 said:
Shouldn't be a surprise, it was the same thing on this site when there were user ratings. I wanna say usually Sony came out on top over here tho.

Good to know, guess MetaCritic should just get rid of their user votes.

X360 version, based on 43 votes.

Ps3 version: 24 votes

PC version: 19 votes

So if you look at it like this.

PC version: 4 scores of 1, 15 of 10 = 8.1 average. So 4 1's and the rest almost perfect would leave roughly 8.

For the Ps3 version, I guess it is

1 = 10
10 = 14

Average 6.25

And 1 or 2 of the 10's are 9 or 8s.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS